Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion

Article about: I purchased this HJ buckle and belt primarily due to my finding the belt interesting. It has two short leather straps with D rings. What are these for and are they supposed to hang down from

Default M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion

I purchased this HJ buckle and belt primarily due to my finding the belt interesting. It has two short leather straps with D rings. What are these for and are they supposed to hang down from belt or upright as shown? The belt is also marked with word and code - CROPON L4/2405. There are two rivets marked PHALANX on the inside strap. Is the belt a reproduction? I find the marks from the buckle prong interesting; appears to be at every position at one time or another and there are an extra pair of holes made at largest size maybe by vet who acquired it? If belt is legit is this the type to have been issued with an HJ buckle?

The buckle is aluminum marked M4/38 and is in good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion   M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion  

M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion   M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion  

M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion   M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M4/38 Richard Sieper & Söhne Buckle with belt for discussion
    P
    Many

?

Interest set. I haven't ever seen the adjustment strap attached at that end. I have a Police belt that has had the adjustment strap moved twice and riveted the final time. Does the end of the belt look like it has been cut down? The D rings should be for a cross strap.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Interest set. I haven't ever seen the adjustment strap attached at that end. I have a Police belt that has had the adjustment strap moved twice and riveted the final time. Does the end of the belt look like it has been cut down? The D rings should be for a cross strap.
    Yes it does appear to have been cut down. What does that indicate to you?

?

I would say it was an adult size belt cut down and modified for a youth. As he grew up he would use the different holes in the adjustment strap. I have gotten a couple of HJ/DJ buckles that were on cut down imperial belts.

Joe, IMO buckle is fine, as Kirby has stated the D rings are for the cross strap and has been repaired to make fit at some point
    Ben

Hello,

the buckle looks fine .

But the belt is a little bit suspect . Unfortunaly worked up ( for yous ) ?

But the stamp is not usual without the RZM , becaus the L4/...... is the RZM contract number and i know it only together .......

Stamp looks IMO forged ...........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175