Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nationale Juegdstrom

Article about: My friend Garry sent this photo of this nice display of what is the Dutch equivalent of the Hitler Youth. Not what I collect but a real nice display.

?

Default Nationale Juegdstrom

My friend Garry sent this photo of this nice display of what is the Dutch equivalent of the Hitler Youth. Not what I collect but a real nice display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nationale Juegdstrom  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nationale Juegdstrom
    P
    Many

?

That's indeed a nice collection of Nationale Jeugdstorm items.

CBH
    ?

That's some Rare Birds your friend has there , nice collection .

Nationale Jeugdstorm is not at all my area of research or collecting, however here goes!

A very interesting display, however I think and with all due respect that the NJS was not the exact Netherlands equivalent of the HJ. This matters not, as we are looking at some potentially quite pleasing and rare buckles.

Would Garry be so generous and kind as to supply images of the buckles face on, with both obverse and reverse images?

Do the circular buckles have the roundels attached to their bases by fold over tabs? I wonder and furthermore, I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that these buckles were worn by female members of the organisation and not as is often assumed, by "leaders"? Straps that I have seen with these buckles being a black/blue textile displaying parallel horizontal needle stitching in white or grey thread.

Does the box buckle have the roundel attached by fold over tabs? I have never seen such a reflective obverse surface of this very rare buckle before, as belonging to Garry. Is the method of affixing the box to the strap a crocodile grip type (as expected) or a pin, pin shroud and claw arrangement (as not expected)?

Thankyou in anticipation.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Not a great photo but all of them have four tab construction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nationale Juegdstrom  

Thank you.

Whilst the presented digital images are and with all due respect a tad challenging, good enough in my opinion.

Four tab affixing for the female members round buckles and similarly so for the box buckle which is complete with the anticipated crocodile grip strap attachment. All as hoped as.

Although never queried, original and rare buckles in my opinion.

Regards and best wishes,

David

A nice collection of Nationale Jeugdstorm items.
    I have some items of Jeugdstorm in my collection
    It is a pity that some of the pieces is not well described in the book.
    And that many people strongly cling to