Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New addition - HJ/DJ conversion buckle

Article about: This is my newest buckle, a HJ/DJ conversion, originally made by Steinhauer & Luck, Lüdenscheid. I bought this one from a private seller with the help of another forum member.

?

Default New addition - HJ/DJ conversion buckle

This is my newest buckle, a HJ/DJ conversion, originally made by Steinhauer & Luck, Lüdenscheid. I bought this one from a private seller with the help of another forum member.

New addition - HJ/DJ conversion buckleNew addition - HJ/DJ conversion buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition - HJ/DJ conversion buckle
    P
    Many

Very intersting, thanks for posting. Never seen these. Is this because the boy turned 10 and graduated to the HJ, or was the SigRune buckle made obsolete at some point?

?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Very intersting, thanks for posting. Never seen these. Is this because the boy turned 10 and graduated to the HJ, or was the SigRune buckle made obsolete at some point?
    Thank you!

These were made to comply with new regulations put forth in 1938 stating that the Siegrune buckles were to be replaced with the regular HJ buckle. The option was given to either purchase a new buckle or to have the existing DJ buckle refitted with an HJ roundel. Three firms were licensed to carry out the conversions, but I can't remember which at the moment. I believe it's possible to determine the origin by the roundel characteristics.

Nice conversion and a nicely marked original DJ buckle by Steinhauer & Luck
    Ben

?

Thank you, Ben! I'm not a big fan of regular HJ buckles, but these conversions are interesting.

?

Very interesting indeed , Thanks for posting this one Erno.

2 for the price of one.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    2 for the price of one.
    Indeed! It seems strange today that someone would have their child's belt buckle repurposed rather than buy a new one, but the 1930s were lean times in Germany just as they were in the rest of the world.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Very interesting indeed , Thanks for posting this one Erno.
    I'm glad you like it, Jimbo! This is my first such buckle. There exists another type of conversion: Turnerbund turned Heer. I believe that those were made from old stock after the former were outlawed in 1934.

?

Frugal parents.

?

After doing a bit more research, I believe that the roundel matches the Overhoff design.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast