Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation

Article about: Hi, all. Just thought I'd share these photos I just took of my newest HJ, an Aluminum Assmann (RZM M4/39) with a less commonly seen "crimp catch." As many of you will know quite we

Default New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation

Hi, all. Just thought I'd share these photos I just took of my newest HJ, an Aluminum Assmann (RZM M4/39) with a less commonly seen "crimp catch."
    As many of you will know quite well, this catch variation is often inaccurately referred to as an "experimental" or "prototype" catch. This particular style of catch was approved by the RZM (hence the RZM mark) and therefore cannot be accurately labeled or described as experimental or a prototype, words which would refer to a "pre-approval" concept.
    Interestingly, and as David has previously pointed out elsewhere, this crimp catch (although not common) is not exclusive to the HJ buckle.
    Anyways, really happy with this new addition and an interesting opportunity to look into the history/production of this particular style of buckle catch and the descriptive language used.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation   New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation  

New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation   New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation  

New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation   New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation

Great buckel Adam! A real keeper! You're right: these are not exclusive to HJ buckles - but the catch was exclusive to Assmann....of all the manufacturers, I believe this company was the one that offered the largest variety of catches. There are quite a few out there! Congrats on this recent score!

Rob

A good looking buckle Adam and I really cannot add anything further to your accurate assessment and description of the Assmann "crimp" catch.

I will try later to post images of the Assmann DAF-Werkschar displaying this type of catch.

Regards,

David

Congrats Adam, a really interesting buckle, great to see

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry Adam

I have tried for the life of me to upload in clear order images of other Assmann crimp catch buckles, although on every occasion, a random and non sensible display. Perhaps better to wait until the forum design and format settles down a tad.

Regards,

David

Many thanks for the replies and apologies if the multiple photos of the obervse and roundel seem a bit redundant... I always like to try to capture images in different lighting to give the best idea of appearance.
    Yes, definitiely a keeper, Rob and thanks for the efforts, David. Nick, now that you have your "93" when are we going to see some buckles from you?! Perhaps a nice SA will find it's way into your collection soon

Thanks again, guys and best to you all.
    -Adam

Hi Adam

I would love some more buckles!

These are the only ones I have:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation   New Piece: Aluminum HJ by Assmann with Scarce Crimp Catch Variation  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem