Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking

Article about: Great looking buckle Adam....in awesome condition! Thanks for posting and sharing - looks absolutely killer! Rob

Default Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking

Hey gang! This baby just arrived today! It's a pretty neat buckle that displays markings that were used for only a very short period of time! I would like to thank Chad Williams for helping me out with this buckle. I knew it was legit - but was looking for more info in regards to the maker: Wilhelm Schroeder...according to Chad, this buckle displays an uncommon marking, it is a transitional marking only used for a year at most, so there are few of these buckles around.

Very happy to have this one added to the collection. I really love how the maker mark is actually on the outside of the buckle rather than inside. The pics will help you understand what I mean here.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking   Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking  

Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking   Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking  

Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking   Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking
    P
    Many

Default Re: Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking

Again Rob, very nice buckle and a first for me, I have never seen markings on the outside like this before, nice catch
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 10-04-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Ben

Thanks Ben! Glad you like it man!
    CHeers!

Rob

Indeed Rob, UE marked buckles are not common, although a RZM UE stamping on the outer of the buckle fold is rare. Also and irrespective of the mark, a good looking DJ.

Regards,

David

Thank you David! It's always fun to add new buckles to the collection!

Rob

?

great looking dj Rob, its also a first for me , rgds Dave

hey Dave! Thanks man! I'm glad you approve!

Rob

Rob, nice find! Markings like these are not often seen.

Thanks! Glad you like it! You're so right about the markings. I really do like this example. Happy to have it in the collection!
    Rob

Rob, here is my new Schröder twin SA It seems this is the only maker who positioned their marking in this location. Almost certainly outside of RZM regulations it would seem although these are early markings so perhaps the regs were not yet firm.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking   Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking  

Newest DJ arrived today - hard to find maker with unusual marking  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast