Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer

Article about: Hey gang...Not sure if I've posted this one here before....I personally think this is a sympathizer buckle....but it's also been referred to as NSDAP jugend as well as early HJ....There is a

Default NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer

Hey gang...Not sure if I've posted this one here before....I personally think this is a sympathizer buckle....but it's also been referred to as NSDAP jugend as well as early HJ....There is also a gold example out there I believe. Not a common buckle to find anyways.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer   NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer  

Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer  NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer  NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer

Hello Rob

I do not wish to appear controversial, however and in my opinion, I do not think that this buckle (silver and gold) has any connection whatsoever with the NSDAP. Instead, I think that the buckle is a 1920's era ladies fashion accessory that just happens to display a "good luck" swastika.

Regards,

David

Hi David! Thanks for your opinion! It very well could be such a buckle. It' not a "heavy duty" construction - that's for sure! I appreciate your input! Thanks man!

Rob

?

A more traditional use of the swastika and a gold example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer   NSDAP Jugend or NSDAP sympathizer  

Hi Guys,

Interesting buckles. I believe there is one of these on the rupturedduck website currently and being sold as NSDAP Jugend. They do look rather dainty and feminine.

Attached here is an NSDAP buckle I saw recently. I very vaguely remember a similar buckle being posted a long time ago as some kind of sympathizer buckle. Really not sure, but I think authentic and for a webbed belt it would seem.

Best,
    Adam

Hi Adam. I have one of these buckes you've shown in almost mint condition. I will have to take a couple pics today. The swastika is brass coloured and the background is black. It was used on a web belt.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    PS....great buckles Kirby! Thanks for sharing!

All I would suggest chaps is to remember that the swastika in the first quarter of the twentieth century was not the sole prerogative of the NSDAP and instead and in both the US and Europe, was regarded by many as a decorative and fashionable good luck symbol.

Regards,

David

Yes, given the "flimsy" construction of some of these buckles - I have no doubt that some were simply considered clothing accessories and had no link to the NSDAP. I've seend cufflinks as well as other items display the swastika with absolutely no relation to the NSDAP. Adam - the buckle you've shown has even been called the "first SS buckle".....LOL! Too funny - but I've seen it even advertised as such by some dealers!
    Once people see a swastika - the symbol is now synonymous with the Nazi party...but before hand it was just a good luck symbol.
    I'll have to get at those pics and show you my example!
    Cheers lads!

Rob

I agree with you David, the symbol was wide spread and when WW2 broke out, allot of people threw away such items.
    i my self have been offered similar items and in the UK National Savings badges which displayed the swazi
    nether the less the items are nice in their own right and do fetch decent prices from collectors
    who left the farm gate open?