Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle

Article about: Got this one yesterday - with black paint still intact! I have another such example but pretty much all the paint is gone except for trace amounts on the inside of the side. Some collectors

Default NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle

Got this one yesterday - with black paint still intact! I have another such example but pretty much all the paint is gone except for trace amounts on the inside of the side.
    Some collectors have considered these to be early SS - but I'm doubtful. These are trouser size buckles that I think would have been worn by the NSDAP Jugend - precursor to the HJ or perhaps even Nazi supporters.
    In any case - a welcome addition!
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle   NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle

Comparison shot with my other buckle....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle   NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle  

Hey Rob, nice buckle, I have seen pics of these being worn at Rallys, so these probably started right at the begining of the Nazi party in the eraly Nurnberg days?
    Ben

WOW...You've seen pics!!! Any chance you know where those are? I'd LOVE to see those! I've long since looked around but haven't found any!! Were the "wearers" kids or adults?
    Here's a shot of all my NSDAP jugend/sympathizer buckles....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle  

Last one....All my "smallies" together....

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend / Sympathizer buckle  

Rob, I am sure I have the picture in a book I have at home, let me trawl through them and find it (I have lots of books )
    Ben

That would be awesome buddy....no rush....take all the time you need to go through your library!
    Thanks man - I really would love to see those pictures!
    Cheers!

Rob

Rob, there is a picture in the Angolia book page 186
    Ben

Hey Ben. Thanks but I think that my example is smaller than the one pictured. The example in the picture is like the one pictured just above it. A much larger, elongated buckle with a larger swastika: a buckle I would really like to add to my collection.
    Cheers buddy!
    Rob

Rob and Ben

I think that we all have to be careful sometimes when assessing a European origin swastika from say the 1920's. The symbol and especially when in the "upright" configuration or position, was a popular decorative design during this decade and for a time was not exclusively used by the NSDAP.

There may be those who think that this buckle has an NSDAP association, however there are others who consider that it is no more than a commercially mass produced piece of costume jewellery - which just happens to have a swastika design.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast