Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36

Article about: Hi all. Just wanted to share these photos of the latest HJ buckle that I was considering. The buckle looks good to me, however this is the first I have ever considered purchasing with only t

Default Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36

Hi all. Just wanted to share these photos of the latest HJ buckle that I was considering. The buckle looks good to me, however this is the first I have ever considered purchasing with only the RZM mark next to the maker number (36). After reviewing David's sticky on the subject of early buckle markings, it would appear this buckle corresponds with the M1 codes and was therefore produced by Berg & Nolte, Ludenscheid. I am curious where it falls on the timeline of early buckles and what the timeline/order of early markings is if there is one or an idea. Hope that last bit makes sense. Anyways, what do you guys think for $90?

Thanks for any feedback or opinions

Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36  Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36

Oh, I forgot...here are pics of the other early HJ I was considering, this one with the RZM and KH markings and maker number 45 for M4/45 Cramer & Dombach, Lüdenscheid. This 2nd buckle is selling for the same price. What do you guys think about the two relative to eachother and as far as which is earlier and/or possibly more scarce/desirable? Trying to compare and decide which to go with first...

Thanks again!
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36  Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36  Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36  Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36 

Default HJ

Hello Adam

Two interesting HJ buckles, however I wonder, are they both steel? Nickle silver perhaps?

Your identification of the respective makers is spot on, however as you know with some buckles and to include HJ's, there are on rare occasions "hidden marks". Stampings under the pin shroud, inner wall and even on the claws!

The price of the buckles is current market value.

For pure cosmetic and design appeal I would plump for the possibly "earlier" B u N, however for the more rare maker and interesting set of stamped marks, then the C u D wins by a head.

Regards,

David

Default Re: Prospective Steel HJ Buckle, RZM 36

Hi, David and thanks for the reply and feedback. I forgot to mention that the C und D is indeed a nickel-silver type. This is the only one I have actually seen and handled but yes, I think the B u N is nickeled steel.
    I think I'm going to go with the C u D for now... I do like the multiple markings and the fact that the maker is more scarce is a bonus that seals it. I'll say cautiously that it might also polish-up a bit nicely. I'll take my own pictures after I pick it up.

Thanks again
    Best,
    Adam