Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...

Article about: Hey, guys. Just thought I'd share the pics of these 2 new HJs my friend sent me. I really like the Assmann for it's multiple markings and the early "UE"...also just a very nice loo

Default Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd share the pics of these 2 new HJs my friend sent me. I really like the Assmann for it's multiple markings and the early "UE"...also just a very nice looking one that is also shown in David's thread on nickel/silver Assmann HJ's.

The gleaming look of the second one is really nice, I think. RZM 50 would appear to identify this as an earlier buckle. As presented in David's thread on early buckle markings, I believe it corresponds to M1/50 Richard Sieper & Sohn, Lüdenscheid, a maker I don't know a lot about, especially in regards to HJ buckles.

Any comments or thoughts on these two are welcome and much appreciated.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...   Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...  

Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...   Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...  

Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...   Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...  

Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two New Nickel/Steel HJ's...

Both are excellent acquisitions! Congrats! The markings are also quite nice - not the type that you often find on these! Both early examples.
    They look great!
    Rob

Two beauties Adam with lovely shiny detail

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I really like them both and seem drawn to these steel/nickel/silver types with multiple and/or odd markings. Haven't secured them yet, Rob but I left my buddy on the east coast a message asking him to pick them up for me so we'll see... (fingers crossed hopefully!)
    In regards to RS & S as a maker of HJ's, does anyone know if they were a more prolific firm like Assmann or if they made less of these?
    Again, fingers crossed and hopefully I'll be taking my own pictures to share. Wow this is turning into a huge buckle purchasing month for me! Looking forward to taking photos of the whole little growing collection thus far...maybe later this month when I have all the new additions.

Best,
    Adam