Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual HJ Buckles

Article about: Gents - Our friend Kenny recently located (3) buckles on an Austrian dealer's site. They have all since been sold. One was a M4/103 Rudolf Schanes, Wien buckle that is a familiar but not so

?

Default Unusual HJ Buckles

Gents -

Our friend Kenny recently located (2) buckles on an Austrian dealer's site. They have all since been sold. One was a M4/103 Rudolf Schanes, Wien buckle that is a familiar but not so easy to find buckle. Kenny sent me photos of the other (2) HJ buckles, and he is busy at the moment, so I will post them for review.

1. Buckle with the bar, prongs and ears like a Rudolf Schanes, Wien. But, the maker marks are interesting and very different. WRS + 35

2. Buckle that looks like steel buckle. Maker mark = RZM M4/307.

First two photos are the Schanes type buckle, and the next three photos are the steel buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual HJ Buckles   Unusual HJ Buckles  

Unusual HJ Buckles   Unusual HJ Buckles  

Unusual HJ Buckles  
    Last edited by weller; 10-28-2022 at 04:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual HJ Buckles
    P
    Many

Hello,

WRS is the old makrs logo from Schanes and not so often seen on buckles .

Very interesting buckle

Have never seen bevor such a steel buckle but i would tend to copy .

The marking makes no sense .Also the catch looks not good ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Agree Markus, I thought that could be an old marking from Schanes, Wien. Very interesting indeed.

Could the steel buckle be a "mistake or error", does not look like most fakes to me.

M5 RZM Codes - Uniform Accessories Suppliers, there is a 307 code located, interestingly, in Wien. A stretch I know, but the Austrian location is interesting since all (3) buckles are from an Austrian dealer

M5/307 Maria Schenkl, Wien

Quote by weller View Post
    Agree Markus, I thought that could be an old marking from Schanes, Wien. Very interesting indeed.

Could the steel buckle be a "mistake or error", does not look like most fakes to me.

M5 RZM Codes - Uniform Accessories Suppliers, there is a 307 code located, interestingly, in Wien. A stretch I know, but the Austrian location is interesting since all (3) buckles are from an Austrian dealer

M5/307 Maria Schenkl, Wien
    Hello,

that would also be a possibility.

I have now idea ..........

Is it a steel buckle or is it zinc , non magnetic ?

I have a problem with the belt catch . So i know it most on copys ........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

that would also be a possibility.

I have now idea ..........

Is it a steel buckle or is it zinc , non magnetic ?

I have a problem with the belt catch . So i know it most on copys ........
    Wish I had the buckle but have only photos Kenny sent to me. The buckle looks like steel to me, based on other HJ steel examples.

Loving the first buckle, quite a rare example. The second I have never seen to be honest, it actually looks like a nickel over steel buckle. I have never seen one before but would not write it off until proven otherwise
    Ben

Wow !!! I've never seen anything like it. I like both. The first Nickel, the second Nickel over steel this my opinion. Jeff, can I use your photos and ask your Russian colleagues about these buckles? We need to talk to Mr. Chad !!!

?

Quote by zeppelin View Post
    Wow !!! I've never seen anything like it. I like both. The first Nickel, the second Nickel over steel this my opinion. Jeff, can I use your photos and ask your Russian colleagues about these buckles? We need to talk to Mr. Chad !!!
    Kenny sent the photos to me to post, OK to add them to your buckle site. Maybe Kenny even bought one of these.... I like them both as well.

Thank you, very interesting, it would be great if Kenny bought them !!!

I missed them all!! Could not believe my eyes that I missed them all...

Jeff, I think that M5 connection theory on the M4/307 is very interesting..I like the buckle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast