Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"White" Rune DJ

Article about: 3

?

Default "White" Rune DJ

Hi All!

This magnetic DJ buckle is my latest addition and I wonder if other collectors have similar pieces in their collection. I never encountered DJ's with a silver rune on a silver box before.

Every opinion is welcome!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "White" Rune DJ   "White" Rune DJ  

Last edited by Guido; 05-22-2011 at 02:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "White" Rune DJ
    P
    Many

Default Re: "White" Rune DJ

I like it! Looks like it was nickel plated.

I like it too !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello Nice buckle. I went over to WAF and checked out Chads collection thread. He has a few of these but it looks like the gold rune buckles are much more common. I only have one of these and it has the same marking as the one with a gold rune. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "White" Rune DJ   "White" Rune DJ  

"White" Rune DJ   "White" Rune DJ  

Nice buckles guys....I have not had the chance to find a nickel plated rune buckle yet. Interesting - thoughts on when this might have been done? Period you think?
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

i really like the single rune dj buckle, id like a trumpet banner when my pension allows, im not holding my breath,ha,ha george w

?

Thanks to all for the replies!

Interesting also to see your nice pieces for comparison, Kirby!
    It seems so that many of the silver rune on a silver box DJ's were made from nickled steel. I have no clue why these buckles been produced, but it must have been done 1934 or later, because of the RZM marking. But of course period I would say. And further I do not think that they are just standard DJ's with a removed brass plating - there are absolutely no traces left on my example.

Best,
    Guido

Hello All,

Some very nice DJ's shown here! Perhaps Chad will see this thread and chime in...I know he has a special place in his heart for the DJ buckle If memory serves, he just picked one up one of these "silver" DJ's more recently and had mentioned to me that they are 50x scarcer than the standard DJ. The rarest, of course, would be the black painted DJ which is apparently 100x scarcer than a traditional DJ.

Interesting question as to why these were produced and if there was any significance. Like the black DJ, there are period images of them in wear side by side with standard DJ's. To my mind at this point, simply a variant design.

Best,
    Adam

I think that the two most "commonly" encountered DJ buckles displaying a "white" and standard design Sig Rune on a "white" box, are those marked RZM M4/27 and RZM UE 72. In my opinion they are very rare and highly desirable.

Attached are two more.

Also attached is a nickle on steel DJ (the Sig Rune was once very lightly nickle plated) together with a nickle on brass example and where the box has been period artificially darkened.

Finally, attached is a photo-merge of detail to three early DJ's and where the Sig Rune is "white". If anyone is interested, more than happy to post full images of the latter trio.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast