Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2

Article about: Here are 2 new entries I recently acquired. Maker for both is Franke & CO,Lüdenscheid, but you can see that the style is a bit different and so it's the marking. The meaning of the 1 and

?

Default zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2

Here are 2 new entries I recently acquired. Maker for both is Franke & CO,Lüdenscheid, but you can see that the style is a bit different and so it's the marking. The meaning of the 1 and 2 is still an interesting topic to debate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2   zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2
    P
    Many

Default Re: zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2

A super brace of HJ's.

I have always thought that Dr.Franke und Cie. KG., Lüdenscheid and Berg und Nolte AG., Lüdenscheid come to that, are two of the most interesting buckle manufacturers and in many ways. Both of these companies appear to have been "free spirits" when it came down to how they marked their buckles.

Batch or production run numbers (predominantly 1 and 2) seem to be more often than not, encountered on late production, injection moulded zinc HJ's.

Not the prerogative of Dr. Franke though.

Here are some images of examples by Assmann.

Regards,

David

?

Thank you David,
    yours are great too! I was wondering if anyone has higher batch or production numbers, such like 3 or 4. Matt

Matt

Have only seen a "3" (GES. GESCH. 3) on a final pattern, Red Cross Leaders buckle.

"1" and "2" seem to predominate.

Here is the "dish backed" zinc HJ by Assmann. Again seen with 1 and 2 batch or production markings, although for some strange reason, the "1" buckle appears to be difficult to find.

Regards,

David