Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Kreissieger - Ferd. Wagner

Article about: Added this to my collection today. Think it will be one of the last items for now as my pocket money has been witheld by Mrs D!!! It has the name M Sűther scratched to the reverse top l

Default 1939 Kreissieger - Ferd. Wagner

Added this to my collection today. Think it will be one of the last items for now as my pocket money has been witheld by Mrs D!!!

It has the name M Sűther scratched to the reverse top left.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Kreissieger - Ferd. Wagner
    P
    Many

That is a nice Kreissieger Jamie.
    Of the 4 makers that I know (Brehmer, Tham, Aurich and Wagner) Wagner seems to be the rarer of them all but also seems to attract the least value?
    The piece you have added to your collection looks very nice and appears to still have a lot of the original lacquer that was applied to protect the finish.

I wonder if yours is a later example as it does look to have a grainy finish on the reverse?

Nice addition to your collection
    Cheers
    Doug

Doug, as per the pm, I used the flash to try and show the name so perhaps that explains the difference on the reverse 👍

Here's a couple of pictures of the badge ...without flash 😎
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Kreissieger - Ferd. Wagner   1939 Kreissieger - Ferd. Wagner  

Thanks for the additional pictures John.
    They show the similar surface (but without the lacquer)as the obverse surface and eagle.
    It is a nice looking badge and a nice addition to Jamie's collection.

Jamie you'll have to convince Mrs D that if you get the gau and reichs sieger badges they are more valuable as a set!

Cheers
    Doug

Post up the link to where they're sold and I'll go get them for her lol!!

Nice authentic badge. There are differences peculiar to all of the makers of the Kreissieger badge. Fakes are easy to spot.

Very attractive and uncommonly seen badges. I particularly like the personalization on the back. Makes you wonder what ever happened to him in the end.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

After humming and haying for a while after I posted a Gausieger for review, I went and pulled the trigger on it after a very decent discount.

Very nice!

I was going to comment that on your original photo the enamel looked too white but John's photo has dispelled my concern

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast