Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank

Article about: Here are few patches from my meager HJ collection. I believe them to be 100 % original based on what I have read and pictures I've seen. The marksmanship badge however I feel is copy. Aside

?

Default BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank

Here are few patches from my meager HJ collection. I believe them to be 100 % original based on what I have read and pictures I've seen. The marksmanship badge however I feel is copy. Aside from the new condition of the badge is there anything in particular that would indicate it's authentic or a copy ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank   BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank  

BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank   BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank
    P
    Many

Default Re: BDM District Patches & HJ Sleeve Rank

The Sigrune is an Obbebann 1, or later General D.J. Sigrune, and it's a good unissued one. The BDM triangles are good as well. Someone else will have to help on the shooting badge, It's not an area I collect.

?

Thanks for the info. I figured the patches were good but now I'm sure of it. They all came from one source, the estate of a WWII Veteran. The badge is from an online auction site, not too convinced. Thanks, Al

Sorry, I forgot to mention that due to the red RZM tag on the Sigrune it's probably a General D.J. Sigrune, as the earlier runes that reperesented the Obberbann structure of D.J. would have a blue colored RZM, and the A4 designation on the tag would indicate a post 1935 manufacturing period. Someone else may be able to dicipher the ink stamp code to tell you exactly who made it. The Obberbann system was abolished by the end of 1935.

On the shooting award M1/102 is for Frank & Reif Stuttgart. However, I think you are correct on your assumptions, and that it is a copy. The detail on the front looks too soft, the swastika, looks sloppy, and on the rear, although the pin configuration looks correct the RZM mark is sloppy. Based upon those points, I would pass on it, but i do like the patches. there are a lot of the red sig runes about in mint condition as a few "boxes" of them were found a couple of years ago in Austria i believe

?

Thanks John. I was always on the fence with this one. Although I thought the back looked good, the front of the badge didn't look right. Another pin relegated to the junk heap. Al.