Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!

Article about: HELLO TO ALL! And a sincere thanks to all who responded to my previous post on opinions of various smalls all great info all truly appreciated!! Everyone was in agreement as to the originali

Default closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!

closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!HELLO TO ALL! And a sincere thanks to all who responded to my previous post on opinions of various smalls all great info all truly appreciated!! Everyone was in agreement as to the originality of this piece (fake) so I have closer pics hopefully better pics for future reference and further analysis. Any particulars that set it apart detail wise from an original are MOST welcome just as before any info is helpful good
    Or bad! REGARDS!

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!
    P
    Many

Default Re: closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!

Sorry, even ones with a bit of added patina are easy to spot as fake. (LINK)
    It does become somewhat confusing with makers like M1/14, M1/63 and M1/102 with small enamels, as they are amongst the oldest faked mms there are. They were also legitimate numbers throughout the TR. On yours you only have to look at the reverse to see that the material is wrong, and that it is brand spankers.

GREAT INFO! "brand spankers" priceless! It takes some of the sting away LOL! think I ll steal that one if you don t mind? Again greatly appreciated and the reference pic is awesome! Regards!

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    GREAT INFO! ... priceless! ... greatly appreciated ....and the reference pic is awesome!
    They are your pictures. The tattered silver-wash hanging off the HJ diamond (portion enlarged) should make you run. The overall heavy handed way in which the badge has had the excess black enamel polished off, leaving ugly score marks across the surface (portion enlarged), should make you run faster - and the horrible, cheap and carnival-like constriction of the outer wreath should have you long over the hills by now. Sorry if you and all the other who commented on your previous thread said it was genuine, it is not, far from it.

Thanks again I have no doubts in your opinion. I really do appreciate the info you have provided me with all of it great arsenal for future purchases hope some day to get a original shooting badge.

Brian