Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dienstmütze der DJ Führerschaft

Article about: the Dienstmütze der DJ Führerschaft was introduced in 1938,They were made of a lighter and better quality material and are stiffer than the HJ ski cap on which the design was based and they

Thank you, Carl, but I am sincerely interested in useful hints to reading and to sound literature. I have been at pains to share over these eight years what I have learned
    from month to month.

And, I also am happy to see people share items from their collections, since I assume that when persons generalize they do so from some physical evidence as we tend to employ.

Let me also say that our fine colleague Carl has made this site a very fine place, indeed, with his wonderful research tours to various historical sites of total war and repression in our field of inquiry. I always learn something of merit in each of his posts and thank him for his patience, wisdom and energy.

My thanks also to the other moderators who rogered up here, as well, of course, to Wim Saris, who is my hero. He is my hero not the least because of his ceaseless work
    here, but because of his unfailing good humor, judiciousness and commitment to the cause in the sense of the categorical imperative. Others could take his example.
    But many don't, and that's awfully sad, really.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstmütze der DJ Führerschaft
    P
    Many

Quote by Norku32 View Post
    To Friedrich Berthold:

Thanks for the effort you put into showing me your library. Or have you done that before and were therefore able to upload the photos so quickly? Yes, you sure have a lot of books but you sound almost desperate (and may I say a little angry?) in your attempt to stamp your credentials. I'm sorry but I have never heard of you and to be honest I am more interested in information than you as a person but let me ask a question if I may: does your library contain a book that could have answered post 1 if it had been posed as a question?
    FB is more than capable of speaking for himself and hardly needs me to play his advocate, but since you seem to doubt his words:

As a personal acquaintance of his, do let me assure you he is everything he claims to be in terms of his background and credentials. And then some.

?

And the sincere words above are also beyond doubt.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    FB is more than capable of speaking for himself and hardly needs me to play his advocate, but since you seem to doubt his words:

As a personal acquaintance of his, do let me assure you he is everything he claims to be in terms of his background and credentials. And then some.
    Thank you, Andreas, for the kind words. Carl and Andreas are two exceptional persons of outstanding achievement in digital curator-ship who have my
    admiration and respect. Thousands have profited from their wonderful work here and we owe them all a real debt of thanks.
    Hurra!

Dienstmütze der DJ Führerschaft"That book is available in Google Books where I often consult it but that was not my point."

Mr. Norkus, would you please furnish me the link to the Google books version, since there are three volumes or so, and I only own the one, please?

I saw the citation in Google books, but only a few, very few excerpts of a few lines. There are two copies in US university libraries and none for sale in ZvAB.

If you have the link to the whole book, or the other volumes than mine I enclosed, I would be very grateful to you.

And I cannot join the Hitler Youth site, since I do not normally do research on this topic, save I am interested now in this case.

I did take a moment to read the requirements of your site, I guess, and I cannot take the time to be an "active member."

I am an active member here.

I have owned this book since 1981, and this contingency causes me to look at it more closely. I do take a keen interest in German regulations of all kinds,
    a reason we are so grateful to Wim for all his generous work on this site.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-05-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Dienstmütze der DJ Führerschaftviz:

Vorschriftenhandbuch der Hitler-Jugend, Volume 4, Issues 27-35
    Front Cover
    Reichsjugendführung (Germany)
    0 Reviews
    From inside the book

80 pages matching editions:UOM39015038697739 in this book
    Page 2580
    Page 2580
    Page 2678
    Page 2678
    Page 2761
    Page 2761

Where's the rest of this book?
    What people are saying - Write a review
    We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
    Contents
    Jugendberufsarbeit DAF und Jugendamt Allgemeines

Jugendbetriebsarbeit

Berufe sowie Gewerbelehrerinnen

7 other sections not shown
    Other editions - View all

I had just one aim when I saw post 1 and that was to point out the original source of the information. "Overthetop" not only failed to provide the source but he also removed some of the content. Further, he removed the link which automatically attaches to any text copied from HJ Research posts. I know this because I have copied and pasted information from there into WAF on occasion to assist others. I did not remove the source link. In any case, my aim was concluded with post 4. Since then I have responded to auxiliary statements made by Berthold and one or two others. My original point was about common courtesy and during the discussion the word civility was added by someone. Ironically, the opposite of that has been true in the responses from other correspondents here to me. It is simple common courtesy to give credit where it is due and there can be no sensible reason to find that to be a disagreeable approach. I am frankly surprised that a historian does not agree and instead prefers to resign himself to what militaria discussion forums have mostly become.

Edit:

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Where's the rest of this book?
    If I need to consult the book I enter my search term into "from inside this book". This has provided the answers I needed in the past. NARA sells this book (all sections) and there is always the Bundesarchiv which also has the book. Would you like me now to search for your contributions in the WRF HJ section? I want to know how much you have contributed from your large library. It is after all you who is pushing your expertise. I hope not be disappointed...

CBH
    ?

I hope your mind is now at ease , that you removed that cross from your back , I'm sure it was digging in .
    You must be the famous Norku32 of the Internet Police ( Plagiarism Division ) we will all sleep soundly knowing your on the case !
    But that's the problem with these connected times , every body gets the same soap box to preach from . But around here we stick together and many who don't conform , get banded . We'd hate to see you get banded , then how will you copy WRF posts to share on WAF ???

?

Unfortunately, despite the request, warning was ignored...

damit basta

"Would you like me now to search for your contributions in the WRF HJ section? I want to know how much you have contributed from your large library. It is after all you who is pushing your expertise. I hope not be disappointed... "

Sorry but I only posted here because I was interested in the RZM tag in this cap at the start. I am interested in the evolution of RZM tags so as better to understand
    my own black SS peaked caps. I also made a comment to the effect that people freely copy what others do, and they copy me, and I do not really care so long
    as it is all in good humor. The latter is not in evidence in this thread. I am not a Hitler Youth collector, although I actually have a number of books
    of a primary and also a secondary nature on the HJ, as well as the other branches of the NSDAP, SA, SS etc.

I was asked to come here in 2008 by Ade and Bob and since then have made 20,000 plus posts. More or less seven a day, which is a lot of work.

My posts are mostly about the SS, but I also post about other aspects of German history, which I also teach in an advanced setting to some very select persons.

In any case, colleague Carl has given me the high sign to cease and desist, and that's what I shall do now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast