Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DJ/ HJ Reproduction uniform, help and advice on minutiae.

Article about: hello, I am a reenactor and I am trying to get my son involved in the hobby. He is 13 years old and we are developing an HJ impression for him. My wife is an accomplished seamstress and has

Default DJ/ HJ Reproduction uniform, help and advice on minutiae.

hello,
    I am a reenactor and I am trying to get my son involved in the hobby. He is 13 years old and we are developing an HJ impression for him. My wife is an accomplished seamstress and has begun to make the shirt and shorts for him. My question is with regard to items like shoulderboards, sleeve triangles, pins and armband. I have been doing a lot of online research, looking at photos of original items and as far as the shirt and shorts go, I think that we've gotten pretty close (I'll post pictures when everything is complete). I have a reproduction pair of SS Infantrie shoulderboards which I am using for the outfit. I think these will work okay although I have seen some made from HBT. They are the right size for the shirt and look very smart! Would the number on the shoulderboards be embroidered on or would they also have used metal pin-on numerals?

I am looking into getting a kerchief and slide from a website that makes the uniforms so no worries there. They also sell reproduction shoulder triangles, I just need to see which ones they make and decide which one would fit the persona that we're trying to create. I am assuming that the standard HJ pin would have been used although I have seen them in various colors along with the white. Would there have been some correlation between the shoulder triangle and the number on the shoulderboards or can I get away with just picking an arbitrary number? Can you think of anything else that I missed? Oh yeah, I've found a gentleman on E-bay that can make the leather belts in smaller sizes and I have found a source for reproduction HJ belt buckles. After this I think we may be pretty well set. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ/ HJ Reproduction uniform, help and advice on minutiae.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DJ/ HJ Reproduction uniform, help and advice on minutiae.

G'day,
    You'd probaly need a HJ knife....there are repros available, in fact you would need a knife!!!!

Welcome!!!!!

Tony

I'm gonna hold off on the knife for right now...he's a little TOO eager to get that particular accessory(I have visions of him holding it to his big sister's throat while she's sleeping!) LOL! Maybe in a year or two when he acquires a little more maturity! Thanks for the welcome mate!

JMM
    ?

Quote by bluegreydude4 View Post
    hello,
    I am a reenactor and I am trying to get my son involved in the hobby. He is 13 years old and we are developing an HJ impression for him. My wife is an accomplished seamstress and has begun to make the shirt and shorts for him. My question is with regard to items like shoulderboards, sleeve triangles, pins and armband. I have been doing a lot of online research, looking at photos of original items and as far as the shirt and shorts go, I think that we've gotten pretty close (I'll post pictures when everything is complete). I have a reproduction pair of SS Infantrie shoulderboards which I am using for the outfit. I think these will work okay although I have seen some made from HBT. They are the right size for the shirt and look very smart! Would the number on the shoulderboards be embroidered on or would they also have used metal pin-on numerals?

I am looking into getting a kerchief and slide from a website that makes the uniforms so no worries there. They also sell reproduction shoulder triangles, I just need to see which ones they make and decide which one would fit the persona that we're trying to create. I am assuming that the standard HJ pin would have been used although I have seen them in various colors along with the white. Would there have been some correlation between the shoulder triangle and the number on the shoulderboards or can I get away with just picking an arbitrary number? Can you think of anything else that I missed? Oh yeah, I've found a gentleman on E-bay that can make the leather belts in smaller sizes and I have found a source for reproduction HJ belt buckles. After this I think we may be pretty well set. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice!
    Hello and welcome..
    That's a good idea IMO. You'll also be needing a strap on to go with the belt and a cap. The shoulderboard should match the sleeve triangle (if you want it all to be perfect, of course). A flag would be nice to go along with the uniform. Good luck and post pics when you have them