Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gausieger 1944

Article about: Hi there! I recieved my Gausieger 1944 at home today. Is it the real thing? The paint is painted over the letters... Willem

Default Gausieger 1944

Hi there!

I recieved my Gausieger 1944 at home today.
    Is it the real thing? The paint is painted over the letters...

WillemGausieger 1944Gausieger 1944Gausieger 1944Gausieger 1944Gausieger 1944Gausieger 1944

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gausieger 1944
    P
    Many

Personally I wouldn't accept this. And this is only my opinion as to why...

Although the 1944 badges were not as well made as the earlier, enamelled ones, the painting on your one is childlike, and that is being complimentary.

The swastika/HJ emblem is poor, out of shape and the colours are again horrid.

If you can send this back I certainly would do so. I won't go on a rant but it is certainly not one I would go near.

I believe this may be an Original Badge...If it's a Fake, it's a pretty good one...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gausieger 1944  
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 06-20-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Looks to be well made, maybe its had a repaint in the intervening 73 years ? regards, Paul

I'm in a bad mood due to my numerous fractured vertebrae, I maybe should have started my post that way!

Apologies! I thought I had typed "I think it is real but..."

Back to the Tramadol...

I agree with glenn on this one. The reverse is what makes me think it's good. Here s a previous thread with Ned's valuable input that goes over the badge well. Best regards.

Brian

Gausieger Original?

CBH
    ?

So it is Fake, I consider big ned a True expert on detecting fakes, others here much less so.

Quote by CBH View Post
    So it is Fake, I consider big ned a True expert on detecting fakes, others here much less so.
    Chris-
    Please elaborate on your position on this badge. I personal think it is a genuine piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hello Willie
    Would it be possible to get a close up photo of the catch crimp? It does appear to have the same flat surface as the badge Ned outs in the post # 6 link.

Regards
    Brett

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't accept this. And this is only my opinion as to why...

Although the 1944 badges were not as well made as the earlier, enamelled ones, the painting on your one is childlike, and that is being complimentary.

The swastika/HJ emblem is poor, out of shape and the colours are again horrid.

If you can send this back I certainly would do so. I won't go on a rant but it is certainly not one I would go near.
    I am inclined to agree with Jamie.

For me the paint is too thin and messily applied, the badge doesn't appear to have had any finish applied to the obverse (in these pics anyway) and the catch crimp looks wrong.

Even if this turns out to be a genuine "last ditch - who gives a sh*t anymore" (which I don't think likely) there are better examples out there and personally I wouldn't take this one unless it was very cheap and then with a big ? next to it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast