Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?

Article about: Hi, all. I would like to hear what more knowledgable people think about these two items. I saw this German-British Friendship pin for sale and was interested in getting it, but the last one

Exclamation German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?

Hi, all. I would like to hear what more knowledgable people think about these two items. I saw this German-British Friendship pin for sale and was interested in getting it, but the last one of these I saw was a reproduction. I like that this one is maker marked and not just marked "ges gesch" on the back. I also saw this 2nd HJ silver proficiency badge, but I believe it might not be original as the new book I have ("Detecting The Fakes" by Lumsden) says that these are supposed to be marked with one of 3 grades: A, B, or C.

Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?   German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?  

German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?   German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?  

German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?

Hi Adam, the German-British Friendship badge is bad.

Re the book: the info is wrong. It is now a very dated publication and contains a number of errors.

I am not crazy about the HJ badge. Personally I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: German-British Friendship Pin and Hitler Youth Silver Proficiency Badge: Authentic pieces?

Thanks, Ade. I was curious what people would think of that book and it's usefulness. Aside from being outdated and with errors as you say, I think it's a bit difficult to use as the pictures are only in black and white. From what I'm learning, color is important in judging authenticity (say as in the blue/white enamel and translucence of a mutter kreuze.)

I know you said you're compiling a reference/book list, but is there one that you might reccomend as a basic/beginners, general guide?

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi Adam, each different branch of collecting comes with it's own series of "must have" books. There is certainly no book which covers all areas, awards, uniforms, helmets, daggers, etc. Perhaps the nearest one would be another of Robin's books, Collecting Third Reich Militaria. But Robin is the first to admit it is again dated and has errors, like all books.

Cheers, Ade.