Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have i been sold a fake Hitler Jugend marksman badge?. Thank you.

Article about: Purchased this one on Facebook , looked good in regards to swastika enamel etc , however i noticed the 1 in M1 has not got the downward point and also the pin seems not as rigid or strong as

?

Default Have i been sold a fake Hitler Jugend marksman badge?. Thank you.

Purchased this one on Facebook , looked good in regards to swastika enamel etc , however i noticed the 1 in M1 has not got the downward point and also the pin seems not as rigid or strong as some of the originals i have. Also the enamel is slightly sunken in only very slightly however. There is also a small spot of black enamel on the reverse edge - top right which you can see on the reverse at 1 o clock which is a slight concern also. I am thinking now it can be very hard to tell correct from incorrect with these HJ shooting badges. Apart from the obvious coffin back fakes ofcourse. Any help much appreciated , as if bad i'll send back to the seller. Many Thanks in advance chaps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have i been sold a fake Hitler Jugend marksman badge?. Thank you.
    P
    Many

As far as I am aware Jimm there are no original shooting badges in any grade that carries the M1/14 makers mark.

All the best
    Doug

?

Now that is a surprise , i never realised that Doug Gutter - but thanks for the info. Here is a link for the same badge over at the collectors guild. The Collector's Guild But i guess there one is also no good then. So if the reputable companies are falling for this one also i guess it is a right little sod then this badge. Nightmare. Here is another over at e-militaria HJ Marksman Badge

Hi Jimm, although I cannot say for sure it's bad, I have seen a few repros with the same marking and different 1 shape... So far not looking good.

MG.

?

I have just seen the m1/14 with coffin back too. So no idea if they are the same fake but with alternate pin plates?. Or one is original. Shame as it has put me off collecting these HJ badges now. As this one really did fool me proper.

I would say same with alternate pin plates. These badges are difficult to collect. Heavily faked (some very convincing repros as this one could be) and little info compared to other items such as the regular Party badge.

MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-17-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo

?

Ok , I have just joined the HJ research site The Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum Front Page - Welcome to HJ-Research , might be a good idea as i really need a definitive answer on this one and i need to know the full maker list of these badges also. As i'm getting conflicting views on this one. Thanks anyway for your help Chaps.

?

I haven't had a reply as yet on the HJ forum for that badge but yes it looks to be a fake , i am now shitting myself on these 2 that i own an M1/63 and an M1/25 .. i think the 25 might be ok but i'm not confident about the m1/63. I didn't think i'd have the fake problem again gutter. I put these on the HJ forum also hence the logos on the pics.

Both look ok to me, buddy
    The M1/63 is particularly nice.

MG.

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Both look ok to me, buddy
    The M1/63 is particularly nice.

MG.
    Thanks buddy , you have saved the day , i still can't see a massive difference in the fake m1/14 and the m1/63 , that black tarnishing on the original M1/63 just literally rubbed away and i thought it might have been artificially blackened?. But if it is all good then that is superb. Thank you. The only difference i can see plus wise on the M1/63 is the "1" looks normal and it doesn't have the sunken black enamel around the front , weight is very different though as the M1/14 fake is lighter in weight by about 10 milligrams. I wonder if that Could that be a reliable method for testing good from bad?. Thanks again MG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast