Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help needed on this BDM Jacket

Article about: by Salonete Hi all mates Thanks for all that helped, i asked for more photos and here it is: please tell me what do you think? Could you please post a full size pic of this, front , and back

Default Re: Help needed on this BDM Jacket

OK mates thanks for all the help given

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed on this BDM Jacket
    P
    Many

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    For comparison
    Thanks for posting does your say bdm on the buttons???

Quote by Salonete View Post
    Thanks for posting does your say bdm on the buttons???

Yes

i have more info:

The jacket has no BDm on the buttons and no RZM on left side i was looking for the manufacturer Louis Pfeiffer -aachen but i cant find anything just a tunic of a NCO.
    Can someone please help does anyone have e-book about BDM or uniform caracteristcs?

Thanks for all your help

OK ive been searching and as a mate said sometimes boys wear bdm kletterjacke maybe a big maybe or not the triangle being in gold letters and being Ausland triangle rare if it is not a fake is a lucky big finding.
    The rigt side buttons is wear by the boys too.
    Ive found another one equal to mine but with no patches.

Still wanting all you guys expert opinion.

heres a rzm example that was found with arm insignia removed it has bdm/jm on the buttons with the rzm tag. i have to say i was surprised when all the comments were good on the one that started the thread but what do i know not much i know! also as been said the hj triangle instead of the bdm one would make the insignia a maybe restored? or could it always have been like that? who knows?

i have no problem with restored pieces as long as its all correct.

the bdm jackets were made by many and come in many ways mothers and girls made these themselfs aswell at sowing classes to save money this is how you will also see them with inside lining like johns lovely example or sometimes without lining made it easy to buy or make on a budget back in the day.

if it were me i would pass on the first one i dont like the shape to the pockets plus i have seen a hj shirt being questioned before on those type of buttons although i would trust ades opinion on them.

p.s john not want a dj fahne for that jakket if you still have it

cheers ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed on this BDM Jacket   Help needed on this BDM Jacket  

Help needed on this BDM Jacket   Help needed on this BDM Jacket  

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    p.s john not want a dj fahne for that jakket if you still have it cheers ewan
    PM me Ewan

HellO Ewan!

But what do you think? Think is fake? restored?
    I dint buy it yet,
    "if it were me i would pass on the first one" ...." although i would trust ades opinion on them."

Sorry didnt understand Ade said that buttons were fine with football style .

Ive seen yours with BDM/jm on buttons and RZM, realy as i said before it is a little strange this compilation.
    To be a good Kletterjacke
    This one have to be before 1935 Before RZM Tags
    This must be a rare manufacturer...
    A girls jacket used by boy and a foreigner too
    If it is a good jacket it is a Jackpot

ehehehehheh

Thank for your help and accepting more opinions please

salonete, i would try and agree for a week or two inspection period with the seller if its a dealer they might agree?

i think its bad photos and sometime this is to hide vital clues also why isnt the seller providing better photos?

i think it deserves a chance after a second look over this thread although the triangle set up would worry me a little but if you get a inspection period you could get closer photos of the stichings to the insignia also you could go over it all with a blacklight to see if any threads glow? this would also work on the sleve diamond which from those photos looks good.

"if it were me i would pass on the first one" what i meant here if i was offered it on those pictures with no more i would not buy it!

''although i would trust ades opinion on them'' what i meant here was that i had seen a boys hitler jugend brownshirt being question on originality with those style of football buttons on it and now thinking back it was a stupid comment to make as that means nothing! and i would trust ades opinion completely on the use of the football style leather buttons on pre 1945 items as his experiance alone is more than my lifetime. (sorry ade )

realy as i said before it is a little strange this compilation.
    To be a good Kletterjacke

in reply to the above comment by you, why? it could perfectly be ok as they dont need to have a rzm tag and were made in bdm sowing classes also mothers would have made them themselfs if they could not afford to buy a rzm exmple and those football type buttons could very well have been on period bdm jackets.

and again it could just be a restored bdm jacket with a wrong triangle attached as this happens often on hitler youth shirts the shoulder board numbers do not match the gebeit/area triangle, alot of old pre internet restores are all wrong because folks just didnt know

if it were me i would ask the seller for an inspection period get better photos of it upload them here and i reakon the guys will tell you for defo on it.

hope this helps

regards Ewan

Helps alot Thanks Ewan. Now Iam more elucidated about that theme.
    I have asked the seller for better photos with zoom on the buttons, and sleeve diamond and gebeit, pocket pin and handkershief holder.
    Does it exist a list of cloth manufacturers? Ive been looking and this Louis Pfeiffer does not apear on, only saw a NCO tunic with the same tag.

It really helped your explanation, here in Portugal is very difficult to find anything good to buy, 2 chances....fakes or original overoverpriced, and theres not much people colecting items from period.

By the way if you have anything on BDM/HJ/DJ e-books please share.
    I have lot of e-books about ww2 if anyone needs ill pass it to you.

Thanks for helping again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast