Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?

Article about: I have a HJ armband and was wondering if anyone could tell if it is authentic? Most of the ones that I have seen have the separately sewn field and swastika. I have seen a couple like this o

Default Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?

I have a HJ armband and was wondering if anyone could tell if it is authentic? Most of the ones that I have seen have the separately sewn field and swastika. I have seen a couple like this one, but I wanted a professional opinion.

Thanks,

Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?
    Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?

there is debate among experts whether these are good or not.

personally i avoid printed versions.

Once a doubter of these, I have recently become a believer that these were issued late war. However, printed armbands are easy to make and fake. In my opinion, the standard cotton bevo bands are readily available and a far better investment. At least you can have 100% confidence that it is period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob, you are very correct. Late war issue but as you said the cotton version in my opinion are more desirable as more effort went into it's construction. I have both versions favoring the Cotton Bevo type. But getting back to Wrigley's question the one in the photo is original.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Once a doubter of these, I have recently become a believer that these were issued late war. However, printed armbands are easy to make and fake. In my opinion, the standard cotton bevo bands are readily available and a far better investment. At least you can have 100% confidence that it is period original.
    the exact reason for my avoidance. it's just that the confidence in these, believer or not, is low because of how easily faked they can be.
    so you go with the multi-piece bevo versions which, as you point out, are out there in good numbers and in many cases great condition.

- - Updated - -

i will say i think i can be a believer too. i have seen an authentic period photo of a printed HJ armband in wear. i saw it just today if you can believe that.

I've never liked the printed armbands, but, yes-they did make them and genuine pieces are actually tougher to find than the sewn ones, as so many people are nervous about them. This one looks straight to me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, i had one of these printed type HJ bands over 20 years ago and at the time it was generally thought that they were reproductions so i binned it!! BIG MISTAKE as we know now that HJ did print their armbands late in the war as you guys have said. Looks like a good one to me too,but as others have said i would stick to multi-peice ones,their much nicer and easier to authenticate.

Thanks for all the help. I am an intern cataloging the items in our Holocaust exhibit. This one was donated by the family of a private who brought it back from Germany.

I know this is an old thread but if anyone is still viewing I have a question. I have found a very similar hitler youth armband like this one on the Gettysburg museum of history website. However, when I was viewing the photos of the inside of the armband it is white and not like this one. Could anyone please explain why that could be?

I was at a militaria show about 15 years ago,a seller had a stack of printed HJ armbands at 20.00 each.They looked the same as the OPs only mint cond.I bought 2 and kept them a while,was told they were copies so I sold them for what I had in em.Its possible they were real factory grabs but I still to this day believe they were reproductions( 20.00 from a dealer?). I know they did make printed armbands later on though,this SA printed armband came right from the vet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?   Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?  

Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast