Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hitler-Jugend Banner for review

Article about: I picked up a HJ flag, which arrived today. The material of the red part of the flag is a bit surprising. It's not the sheet of cotton cloth I expected, but rather a corrugated-like material

Default Hitler-Jugend Banner for review

I picked up a HJ flag, which arrived today. The material of the red part of the flag is a bit surprising. It's not the sheet of cotton cloth I expected, but rather a corrugated-like material. I was hoping to get opinions on that. Otherwise, the flag appears to have been washed a few times at some point as it has faded a touch, and has a few stains here and there. It has a loop tunnel at the top for a hanging rod, and is 3' x 6' with printed swastika on one side. I paid $290 for the flag, which I'm not as sure about now.

Is everything as it should be on this flag? Thank you all in advance.

Scott

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJ_flag_1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	851650

Name:	HJ_flag_1_5.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	851651

Name:	HJ_flag_2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	851652

Name:	HJ_flag_4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	851653

Name:	HJ_flag_5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	851654

Name:	HJ_flag_6.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	851655

Name:	HJ_flag_7.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	851656

Name:	HJ_flag_8.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	851657

Name:	HJ_flag_9.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	851658

Name:	HJ_flag_10.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	851659
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Interesting weave pattern, but I see no real problem with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I don't see anything unusual about it beyond the lack of size-stamps...I'm okay with the heavy-duty material on a 6ft banner...just my 2 cents, friend...price is about right as well, in my humble opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

The flag looks good. May I ask did you buy it from dealer or website?

?

My two cent's is this... Avenger... !!! You know better... Friend, Please ... "When in doubt, Ask" $290.00 can buy a good deal of relics depending on your likes... On the other hand I am glad you fared well... Your friend... G-man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    My two cent's is this... Avenger... !!! You know better... Friend, Please ... "When in doubt, Ask" $290.00 can buy a good deal of relics depending on your likes... On the other hand I am glad you fared well... Your friend... G-man
    In this case, I bought it from an online dealer here in the US I have worked with in the past. I felt pretty comfortable with buying from him, and sometimes feel like I bug you guys too much about things. So, I decide to try my own two feet this time and give you all a break from me.

Photos didn't show the different texture on the red fabric, and I expected things to be more like the NSDAP flags I've bought in the past. So, that was a surprise when I saw it. The colors looked more vibrant in the photos too, but to be fair to the dealer, these always photograph like that. Even my photos are a hair too generous on the vibrancy on a couple of them.

All in all, I'm glad to hear it's okay though. It's certainly been around and seen some things!

I appreciate all the feedback folks!

Glenn, when you say heavier fabric material, have you seen this type before on other flags?

Had the black light out and shined it over on this flag. The white does exhibit a glow overall, and is patchy in spots like in one of the images below. I think the flag's fine, but am wondering if this is an example of what I've heard detergent can do when washing fabric?

Name:	hjBL1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	852260

Name:	hjBL2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	852261

It looks like it has been washed at some point, that is all.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

i have never seen a HJ banner with heavy material such as this,.also it looks very new.the large building/wall banners were made of a lighter material & are mostly double sided.im not saying its fake,.but i dont like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast