Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937

Article about: Hi everyone, I recently bought this little cute HJ Siegernadel (1937) I know this piece is nothing to write home about, but I really like these "simple" and small pins. Now I must

Default Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937

Hi everyone,

I recently bought this little cute HJ Siegernadel (1937) I know this piece is nothing to write home about, but I really like these "simple" and small pins. Now I must get all the years

Here are some pictures, I hope you like it!

Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937 Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937

I don't think it's anything suspicious, but does anyone know what the blueish/purple mark on the reverse could be?

Looking forward to any response,

Regards,

MG.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937
    P
    Many

The core of beauty is simplicity, so it is indeed very nice and great looking piece. I really dont know what that bluish mark could be, but I also think that it is nothing suspicious at all. My best quess is that badge was soiled with something at some point.

Best regards,
    Franko

Thank you for your timely reply, Franko. You never disappoint.

These are nice little pins. Highly affordable, highly collectible. It's a nice challenge to try and find all the consecutive years. I have the next one up from you. The pin is broken, unfortunately. The detail on these pins really is staggering considering their size.

Hitler Jugend Siegernadel 1937

Regards, B.B.

The amount of detail on these is impressive to be fair. There lies their beauty!

Hello MG
    the stain on the back just looks like the over enthusiastic colouring that has spilled over from the front.

The are neat little HJ meeting badges. From memory they are dated from 1934 up to the last issue in 1944.

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello MG
    the stain on the back just looks like the over enthusiastic colouring that has spilled over from the front.

The are neat little HJ meeting badges. From memory they are dated from 1934 up to the last issue in 1944.

All the best
    Doug
    That actually makes so much sense. I'm just after realising it is the same shade as the colouring. Thank you Saladin.

Regards,

MG.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought this little cute HJ Siegernadel (1937) I know this piece is nothing to write home about, but I really like these "simple" and small pins. Now I must get all the years

I don't think it's anything suspicious, but does anyone know what the blueish/purple mark on the reverse could be?
    Resurrect, thread. Arise.

Why settle with all the years? I would love to find something conclusive on how many manufacturers made them. I started with the idea that I would collect all seven years. And then I started noticing changes between them within the years and different trademarks on the back of many.

From what I've been able to glean based on up-close inspection is that some Siegernadel were polished and a few have been highlighted (darker or lighter) probably not from creation, but from user preference.

I've been able to find eight 1935s from different manufacturers. All metal. Seven from 1936. Two 37s. Four 38s. Five 39s. But the 1940-42 changed to plastics (bakelite?) and lost all manufacturer's marks. The 42 has a darker shade and another one that is silver on a yellow-backed pin. The 43 has some interesting variation: A darker-gray, and a light silver with a frost surface. The change from 42 to 42 went from a half wreath around the HJ diamond to a wider wreath and some have a full oval wreath around them. From comments around the forums, it is claimed that the full wreath/full oval 43s are rare. I was able to find four and purchased three of them. One dark black one, a flat gray, and a frost background.

From what I can tell, the blue-purple mark on the back only occurs on Hillenbrand & Bröer badges. It appears to be the dye that is used to highlight the obverse. Could have been a problem with their equipment during production to provide such consistent errors in only those versions, if true.

Alright, that's all the damage I can do for one thread revival.