Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth armband

Article about: Hello people I was given this armband years ago I have a feeling its a repro but thought I was see if anyone could let me know there opinion.thanks

Default Hitler Youth armband

Hello people I was given this armband years ago I have a feeling its a repro but thought I was see if anyone could let me know there opinion.thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband   Hitler Youth armband  

Hitler Youth armband   Hitler Youth armband  

Last edited by Larry C; 05-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: hitlet youth armband

looks ok.

I used to be a naysayer regarding printed armbands, but Jo on the H.J. forum showed an early pre war period catalog that listed printed armbands. They were later prohibited to be made by the RZM. That being said I still avoid them as it seems they would be easy to fake. I'm not saying the example shown is a fake, I just personally avoid them. As the armband was given to you, there's no way to lose on that one.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    I used to be a naysayer regarding printed armbands, but Jo on the H.J. forum showed an early pre war period catalog that listed printed armbands. They were later prohibited to be made by the RZM. That being said I still avoid them as it seems they would be easy to fake. I'm not saying the example shown is a fake, I just personally avoid them. As the armband was given to you, there's no way to lose on that one.
    would have to agree with, there is also now been some nice up close period images of printed hj armbands in wear! also read online some whare but cant remember whare exactly , maybe the hj forum, that baldur von schirach himself did not like or permit the use of a printed armband within hj! but who cares for Regs!

Thanks for the info guys.do you think its worth keeping as I was going to get rid of it?

Default Re: Hitler Youth armband

I would keep it for now if it were given to me. If it's possible to find a loose thread to pull off and burn it. The thread should burn to ash. If it balls up like melted plastic the possibility of the cloth being modern can't be discounted. If it just burns to ash it stands a chance of being period in my opinion.

Damn the group at the CG that showed a very up close and personal studio portrait showing the printed hj armband perfectly i saved it but its small so cant see it well now and the group has sold recently at CG!

if you have there is no harm in keeping it!

I was also a long time doubter of the printed HJ armbands. Recent research has seemingly proved that they did exist in the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello again people I pulled off a piece of thread and burnt it and it just burns to ash it doesn't burn like modern material so may it stand a chance?

Quote by Panzer trooper View Post
    Hello again people I pulled off a piece of thread and burnt it and it just burns to ash it doesn't burn like modern material so may it stand a chance?
    If those were the results it does stand a chance IMO. A lot of modern fabric contains synthetic fibers that melt when burned. Not all modern fabric has these fibers however so this "test" is not foolproof by any means. Sometimes items like this can't be authenticated by photos alone and hands on inspection is the best means of evaluation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast