Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler youth badge in gold

Article about: Hello. Please help me if there is an original or fake badge.

Default Hitler youth badge in gold

Hello.
    Please help me if there is an original or fake badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler youth badge in gold   Hitler youth badge in gold  

Hitler youth badge in gold   Hitler youth badge in gold  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler youth badge in gold
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. That badge is a fake IMO. I think its very similar like that one on the photos which I have attached below.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. That badge is a fake IMO. I think its very similar like that one on the photos which I have attached below.

Best regards,
    Franko
    X2 the quality is very poor overall, and period glass enamel would not scratch in such a manner (highlighted in the cropped photo of your badge). The MM are bogus as well as it should have a M1 prefix with an identifiable B and or A not BM. Not to mention the coffin shaped pin attachment plate typical of postwar badges. Welcome to the forum, I wish we had better news for you. Best regards.

Brian

In regards to the BM mm

Rare hitler youth badge?

OK, thank you very much. It is not mine I wanted to buy it, but thanks to you I will not buy it.

Put this into Google and hit search:

"BM 1/122"

Whenever you see that maker mark on a badge, you are looking at a fake piece of trash.

Did any HJ membership badges actually exist which had such an ornate border? All the gold badges I've seen have the same plain edging as the silver ones.

B.B.

Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ . The HJ Research forum have an extensive thread about this very rare badge .

These badges should be those pieces which Jimmy has mentioned. I think that this items are probably original examples of that very rare type of HJ badge. Fake which has started this thread is based on these genuine specimens.

Hitler youth badge in goldHitler youth badge in gold

Best regards,
    Franko

Just for the sake of completeness:

The Goldenes Hitler-Jugend-Abzeichen [Golden Hitler Youth Badge] (with the plain gold border) was awarded to those who had already been members of the Hitler Youth prior to 2 October 1932 (the Potsdam Youth Day) and who had since either remained members of the HJ or moved on to the NSDAP or one of its formations. The right to wear the badge was forfeited if the wearer left the NSDAP or its formations.

The Goldenes Hitler-Jugend-Ehrenzeichen [Golden Hitler Youth Decoration] (with the more elaborate oak leaf border) was awarded by the Reichsjugendführer in special cases for particular achievements for the Hitler Youth. Baldur von Schirach himself was presented with a special version of the badge that was decorated with diamonds and rubies, as was Hitler.