Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Diamond repro?

Article about: A co-worker has had this diamond for 40+ years, and brought it in for inspection. I'm highly skeptical that this is legitimate but wanted some input as to what it could have been used for. 2

Default Hitler Youth Diamond repro?

A co-worker has had this diamond for 40+ years, and brought it in for inspection. I'm highly skeptical that this is legitimate but wanted some input as to what it could have been used for.

25mm tall by 14 mm wide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Diamond repro?   Hitler Youth Diamond repro?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Diamond repro?
    P
    Many

It does seem odd that the reverse is plain. If it were a membership pin, there would be some sign of hardware, even if it had broken off. It could be from the handle of a HJ knife, but I'm unfamiliar with exactly how those were attached.

I must stress that I'm no expert. I have yet to acquire an example of this badge. Wait for the veterans to poke their heads in. They'll surely set the record straight.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Regards, B.B.

Yep a membership badge would have a pin, and more than likely some form of marking. The one's used in HJ knives were attached with prongs. I have scoured the internet for another example like this and have yet to find one.

Maybe an unfinished piece taken from a factory? That would be my best guess. Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of this mystery.

B.B.

Josh,

This may be an incomplete HJ badge. In this case the backing hardware may not yet have been added. Take a look at this link and some of the other HJ pin links to see the types of backings on the various pins. I am willing to bet that again this one has not gone through the complete manufacturing process to include the maker stamp and RZM.. This is just my thoughts.. Others with more experience will check in and evaluate..

I really don't see any red flags with this one at the moment..

Smitty

Hitler Youth Pin

I should also add this pic as well. The piece is convex, which is hard to tell in the other pics that's posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth Diamond repro? 

CBH
    ?

Not a fan of the pin, uneven border on the face and the hardware brackets would be made during the stamping process before the enamel was applied.