Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Armband

Article about: I received this armband, but I don't have experience about this kind of item.

R.R
    ?

Default HJ Armband

I received this armband, but I don't have experience about this kind of item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Armband   HJ Armband  

HJ Armband   HJ Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Armband
    P
    Many

R.R
    ?

Default Re: HJ Armband

I submited it under UV light test and the diamond sew glow more than the others. I made these UV light test pictures and a comparation with two modern white tags under UV light.

My question is: Is it a normal result or there is a red flag here?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Armband   HJ Armband  

HJ Armband  

I can't comment on black light testing but I will say that the construction of the armband looks good to me. The tag looks good too - appropriate for this type of armband - but it's the first time that I see one at that angle. Maybe it became unglued and was re-attached?
    All that said-I think it's a good one!
    Rob

Absolutely no problem with the originality of that armband. It is identical to the first artifact I got that started me down this long raod of study and collecting. It was gift from my mother's cousin who picked it up during the war. One difference, yours is very nice. Mine is very well worn.
    You need to have a modern white t-shirt or something similar to compare modern brightners against a certain amount of glow that can come off period items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Good band, as others say.

The black light test is not absolute. The only time it can be used as proof of somethings age is when it is used on paper.

It is fine, nothing to worry about.

I agree with Bob and John re the blacklight results.

Cheers, Ade.

R. R.-
    The information you received on the WAF Forum with regards to the RZM tag is incorrect. This is a genuine early style RZM tag. The response you received was a guess and not based on fact.
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Missed that one Bob, but then again, you are of course correct.

No worries at all

R.R
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    R. R.-
    The information you received on the WAF Forum with regards to the RZM tag is incorrect. This is a genuine early style RZM tag. The response you received was a guess and not based on fact.
    Bob
    I agree with you Bob , I have see others RZM tags like this one, here other example from a dealer:

Third Reich Militaria Collection

Thanks Bob for your reply.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Armband  

R.R
    ?

I'm now convinced that this armband is original, yours opinions are very important to my conclusion.

I compared this one with some pictures that I catched on the net and conclude that it's construction is very consistent to the various others that I see.

My initial question was based only in my inexperience about the UV test results and the informations that I collect here are very important to my futures tests conclusions.

Thanks you all for yours opinions and informations.

Regards,

Ricardo