Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore

Article about: Hello to all, here's an HJ braunhemd that i would like to restore. Like the winterbluse that i posted on another thread, also this one has mismatched insignia, a Nord/Nordsee Gebietsdreieck

Default Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore

Hello to all,

here's an HJ braunhemd that i would like to restore.

Like the winterbluse that i posted on another thread, also this one has mismatched insignia, a Nord/Nordsee Gebietsdreieck with post '38 Lippe/ Westfalen/ West shoulder straps..(please correct me if my considerations are wrong), there was a pip on straps but have been removed.

If i understand good, according with the informations that i get from Mr. Saris in the other thread the lettering on this kind of Dreieck is also a Type C so in use from mid-1930.

The rzm tag inside the tunic have been washed away, i have to replace the last button down with a proper one.

Hangs are rzm marked m5/76 Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid, i don't know if this can determinate an exact date for the shirt in order to get the proper period insignia, but i would like to know this.

I prefer pre-'38 shoulder straps with light brown fabric, it would be correct to place such kind with the right Bann for the Nord/Nordsee Gebiet in '35/'37 period ?

By the way i'm also considering to leave blank, without any insignia, with an early armband and a Parteitag 1933 abzeichen exactly like the last photo but i don't know if this can be correct for the period of my tunic that i think is not that early (pre-'33).

I noticed several photos of HJ Braunhemden without shoulder straps, since for SA Braunhemd the shoulder strap were introduced in 1933 it is correct to say that the one in the photograph it's a pre-1933 setting ?

Thanks for your attention.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore   Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  

Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore   Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  

Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore
    P
    Many

55 (Lippe) should have a "West Westfalen" triangle.

The lettering is not a type c, but this style was used
    since the mid-1930's!

Thanks again Mr. Saris, i promise that for the whole day i'll not post other tunics for review :-)

I appreciate your help very much and your voice is a guarantee.

I'll look around for the right insignia for both tunics according to your suggestions and when it will be done i'll post the results.

So if i understand correctly the variations of lettering of the Gebietsdreieck are not something common to all the triangles but each case has his own variations.

Only one more question, according to your knowledge is it possible to trace a chronological history of Braunhemden kinds ?

Is it possible to give a date to this specific tunic ?

Unfortunately the tag inside the Braunhemd is gone, maybe it would be a nice reference to "track" the period starting from the production code.

Thanks again for your kindness, this is a great forum and it's always a pleasure to post threads here.

?

Hello!
    Nice "HJ Köperbluse", I waiting the same in mint condition with RZM tag!
    If you want to make a HJ with this uniform you need to change the shoulder board.
    With this uniform it is the brown (1930) shoulder board...not the black (1938)!
    RZM

The brown-shirt as shown in post 1 was not even official, according to the
    January 1934 regulations for the HJ. The long shirt (HJ-Diensthemd) was,
    the brown-shirt (HJ-Köperbluse) was not mentioned or included at all in
    this early regulation.

I do not have the time to check when it was. I must return to my voluntary-
    aid assignment for the coming weeks! This does not mean the brown-shirt
    was not worn at all. Of course, as many did use and adopt it from the SA.

In the 1936 and 1938 RZM manufacturing-regulations both types of shirt
    were (and so the brown as well as black shoulder-straps could be positioned).

?

Hello!
    Thanks Mr Saris for all the information!
    I always thinking that:
    -The "HJ-Köperbluse" were used between 1930 and 1938, with RZM regulation of 1934-1938.
    In 1938, HJ used the "Diensthemd" with black shoulder boards.
    Because I never see (on pictures) a "HJ-Köperbluse" with black shoulder board, always brown...

But maybe I do a mistake?
    RZM

I just quoted the regulations. The SA type of brownshirt
    was in the early years not an official item for the HJ. This
    was the long shirt, to put into the trousers!

I thank both Mr. Saris and RZM for the precious comments and informations.

I've been digging a bit in my photo archive and i can't contribute directly with a post '38 photo in order to show a braunhemd (HJ Köperbluse) with post '38 shoulder straps, but at least i can show the usage of a Braunhemd in a HJ/DJ photo of '39, so if it was in use it's legit to think about black straps on it.

Interesting (at least for my first field of collecting related to jewish persecution) the booklet in the hands of one of the guy, "Du und dein Volk", a small propaganda publication given to young scholars with (also) antisemitic contents.

Thanks again to all and if anyone will want to contribute to this thread with infos, photos and suggestions i'll be always glad to read.

Meantime i'll took a while to think about what to do with this Braunhemd (HJ Köperbluse) and possibly i'll provide me some related publications ;-)

As soon i'll finish to restore i'll post the photos for your kind review.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore 

Default braunhemd

...don't know if it was clearly readable from the previous photo group, i attach it here with arrows..
    Attached Images Attached Images Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore 

Default Post '38 usage of black s-straps on Brownshirt HJ

Quote by RZM57 View Post
    Hello!
    Thanks Mr Saris for all the information!
    I always thinking that:
    -The "HJ-Köperbluse" were used between 1930 and 1938, with RZM regulation of 1934-1938.
    In 1938, HJ used the "Diensthemd" with black shoulder boards.
    Because I never see (on pictures) a "HJ-Köperbluse" with black shoulder board, always brown...

But maybe I do a mistake?
    RZM
    Hi,

Just want to update the thread and show a photo related to the doubt of RZM in a previous post.

I found this photo from 1940 where it's visible the usage on black shoulder straps post '38 on a Braunhemd.

I hope will be usefull.

Kind greetings,

D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hj braunhemd / hj brown shirt to restore  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast