Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Cufftitles

Article about: Hi guys, I am posting a few things for your opinions. One thing that I have absolutely no expertise on are cufftitles. Are these original? My money is on the original side, since I can't ima

Default HJ Cufftitles

Hi guys, I am posting a few things for your opinions. One thing that I have absolutely no expertise on are cufftitles. Are these original? My money is on the original side, since I can't imagine that these would be rare anyway, but you never know. I can get pictures of the backs if necessary, but I wanted to see if there is anything that tips them off as being fake right away from the one that I have.

Thanks everyone,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ Cufftitles 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Cufftitles
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Cufftitles

I was told that the very limp ones that if laid on your finger would droop down and feel very silky are ok.

I've never had the opportunity to handle examples like this. So take it for what it's worth.

I think examples of these have indeed been faked. I recall seeing a lot of them at gun shows in the 80's. Seems most dealers had them at that time.

Hi ObKrieger. Just search in Internet and you can find a "hj-research.com". They have some Forumpages about HJ-Cufftitles.

I dont believe i have ever seen any that were fake,,,maybe i have but i cant ever recall seeing fakes around,,,they are so inexpensive i wouldn't thing it would be worth their trouble

?

All three look good to me, i don,t think these are faked but you never know today
    Regards
    Mametz

Examples of these cuff are most definetly faked. This ebay seller makes fakes of almost any cuff title and probably even some that never existed. Have a look. He states in his listing that they came from an older collection from the late 70s, early 80s. I recall seeing a lot of these at gun shows around that time.

eBay My World - shawns_dad

Here's a full set listed, clearly stated to be reproductions.

WWII German youth sports attendant cufftitle award rare - eBay (item 390252296287 end time Nov-13-10 16:00:41 PST)

Here's a photo of the ebay listing so these can be viewed after the auction ends.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Cufftitles  

These cufftitles are not for sale on Ebay but perhaps it's the same maker. What do you think about these ones in particular Frank?

The ones you show a photo of look much different than the ones listed on Ebay. I'm not really good with cuff titles at all. I've also seen these cuff that are full length and not shortend versions. I've only seen the shortened versions on uniforms in period photos. I've always been leery of these and stayed away personally. I suppose you could do the usual tests, UV, burn test, etc. I know his reputation and all the stories, but take a look at the full length version that Snyder has up on his site.