Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)

Article about: Good afternoon gents, I just added this example to my small HJ badge collection and would be happy to know what others think of it. I also wonder if anyone can definitvely explain how the se

Default HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)

Good afternoon gents,

I just added this example to my small HJ badge collection and would be happy to know what others think of it.

I also wonder if anyone can definitvely explain how the serial numbered badges, the "A" and "B" types relate to each other. I have read that the A & B relate to grades based on the age of the awardee but if this is correct how does the serial numbered piece fit into this?

I have also read suggestion that the "B" may be a replacement or additional purchased item but have not heard this of the "A".

I don't recall ever having actually seen an "A" and there seems to be no difference between the market price of the serial numbered piece and the "B".

I admit to not knowing as much about these as I would like or perhaps should so can anyone enlighten me?

Regards

Mark

HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-17-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)
    P
    Many

It's a lovely badge and you are correct that the B denotes a replacement badge - He must have got the replacement - and hidden it away - it is quite stunning

A Beautiful Award for sure...I agree with John that the B denotes a replacement piece ("B"-Stueck)...The actual awarded badge would have been numbered...Congratulations on such a fine score!!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Great looking badge - I must agree Havent seen a Badge with the "A" mark on the rear - As to price I think that the numbered are somewhat more because they could possibly track down the wearer.

Horst

HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)HJ Golden Leader sports badge (HJ Führersportabzeichen)
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

A beautiful badge in excellent condition! Nice find, Bob

Thanks for the input gents, I certainly do feel this one is a keeper.

I was a little confused by the assertion of an author "of note" (Ailsby in a book published in 2010 by the way) that this badge existed in three versions; the serial numbered item plus 'A' and 'B'. I had never seen or heard of the 'A' so I wondereded if there was a glaring gap in my knowledge so I decided to ask the "real experts" here 8)

I am glad to have confirmation that I am not losing the plot just yet

I believe my badge should have been supplied in an LDO box, do you think that would be black with LDO logo on the outside of the lid or another style?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

In John Angolia,s book "For Fuhrer & Fatherland" he also mentions the "A" marked badge but dosent show one. It seems that the only maker was Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchenm RZM 1/101 -

Regulations indicate that to qualify for the "A" badge one had to be 18 - 35 years of age get 7500 points for the "B" one had to be 33 or older and have 6500 points. This would indicate that the "B" badge was not a replacement but a initial award.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    In John Angolia,s book "For Fuhrer & Fatherland" he also mentions the "A" marked badge but dosent show one. It seems that the only maker was Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchenm RZM 1/101 -

Regulations indicate that to qualify for the "A" badge one had to be 18 - 35 years of age get 7500 points for the "B" one had to be 33 or older and have 6500 points. This would indicate that the "B" badge was not a replacement but a initial award.

Horst
    I do hate to disagree with you - but much has been learnt since the Angolia books - as good as they are - the information that is available today - was not available when those books were written - and there were many omissions. For instance - it is now known that the original awards had a deeply impressed number on the back which would match the award booklet -The badges that were marked with a large B - with no number were either replacements for lost badges - or duplicates purchased to be worn on another uniform

There were NEVER any badges impressed with the letter A and those badges marked with a B DO NOT signify Stufe B The award badges for Step A and step B were in fact identical - . There were a "number" lost badges in the early stages of issue - and this was rectified in late 1939 by adding a security catch to the pin in order for it not to fall off - at a cost of 70f the recipient was expected to pay for that themselves

I recall Wilhelm Saris explaining the difference in a past thread about a year ago...How I wish I could find it now, lol...Maybe our friend will join the discussion...But I'm definitely sure that this particular "B" denotes a Replacement Piece...
    A Gorgeous Award for sure...My Niemann Guide mentions a Numbered Version, a "B"-Marked Version, and a Cloth Version only...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn, can't remember when it was and what I said
    (which I surely will have stated with a kind of regulation).

I even can't remember if I actually gave an answer at WRF
    or at another forum!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast