MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer

Article about: Picked this recently, any comments always welcome.

?

Default HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer

Picked this recently, any comments always welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer   HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer  

HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer   HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer
    P
    Many

Hello Zacker. I half to say I don't have a good feeling about this badge. I'm happy to be wrong but my observations are, the pebbling behind the red enamel seems large or coarse compared to what I'm used to seeing. The outer perimeter of the badge along with the gold color surrounding the swaz looks more like gold paint or a thinly applied coating and lacks the quality of finish I d expect to see. Also the reverse set up pin and catch is unusual, the makers mark M1/120 seems to be one favored by manufacturers of fake badges especially the HJ variants, the upper case B seems out of place and I can't see a purpose for such a mark. Lastly I thought HJ honor badges had a gold oak leaf motif around the outer perimeter. So perhaps this is trying to be a cap badge? But IMO not a good one. Please wait for others responses however as this is JMO. Best regards.

Brian

HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm DeumerHJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer

Here's two examples from Germanwarbooty.com which I believe to be a reputable dealer. One has a similar reverse to the one you posted but yours is slightly different in catch design. Just for comparison. Best regards.

BrianHJ Honour Badge Wilhelm DeumerHJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer

I was premature in my evaluation about the existence of the M1/120 B marked badge. I'm still uncertain about the original badge, but am eager to hear others opinions. That "safety" catch on the reverse is what's holding me up as it s not a configuration I'm used to being an accepted example. Here's a thread of Horst's examples from a previous thread. As well as one recently sold at Ratisbons earlier this month for 130 euro.

Golden HJ Badge "A" & "B"

HJ Honour Badge Wilhelm DeumerHJ Honour Badge Wilhelm Deumer

?

hello bsiwula1, the B is for replacement a replacement badge, oak leaves is a higher award, the simple safety pin catch was switched to the rotating lock catch in 1939 to keep owners from losing them, if you would like to learn more about them, there are excellent stickys @ the HJ forum with original examples, the Gentleman that wrote them just certified mine as original.

Thanks Zacker. I checked out the forum and saw the thread, and evaluation. I couldn't see the pictures as I am not a member there. But I'm glad you got the thumbs up! Best regards and congrats!

Brian