Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ insignia question!

Article about: Hello! I am new to collecting WW2 German items and I recently picked up a photo of a HJ. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the insignia on his uniform. I have basic knowledge but

Default HJ insignia question!

Hello! I am new to collecting WW2 German items and I recently picked up a photo of a HJ. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the insignia on his uniform. I have basic knowledge but would like to hear more
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ insignia question!   HJ insignia question!  

HJ insignia question!   HJ insignia question!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ insignia question!
    P
    Many

Hello DT,
    so here is a link to the German flying clubs:
    FAI Gliding Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even better is this link that depicts the 'B' grade glider badge that is embroidered and sewn on to the uniform...I think this is the very badge in your picture as it has the large outer circle...have a look and see what you think.

http://www.danielsww2.com/NSFK1.html

The double seagull badge is obviously related to that organisation..or possibly the NSFK. More expert people will know.

Hope this is a start.

All the best
    Doug

Thank you very much for the links and the explanations!

This young man is a member of the Flieger-HJ [Flying HY].

His rank - as denoted by his 1938-model shoulder boards - is Oberkameradschaftsführer, while the white lanyard identifies his duty position as Stammführer or Oberstammführer.

His district- and unit affiliation could be told from his shoulder board number and sleeve triangle designation, but the photos are too poor to make them out.
    In any case, his Gebietsdreieck [district triangle] has a Traditionslitze [tradition stripe]; a gold lace bar worn at the bottom of the badge signifying that he was a member of the Hitler Youth prior to the Nazis' seizure of power in 1933 (or, in the case of Austrians, prior to the Anschluss in 1938).

The cloth badge on the left breast pocket is a Segelflieger-Abzeichen [Glider Pilots' Badge] grade "B" as identified by the two gulls. (Grade "A" badges had one and grade "C" badges had three gulls.)
    The metal badge on his right breast pocket is the Hitler-Jugend-Leistungsabzeichen [Hitler Youth Proficiency Badge].

nice info HPL.

Thank you all for the information!