Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ membership pin

Article about: This was a gift from a friend who acquired it in mid 70's at London. Is this real or a reproduction? Thanks.

R.R
    ?

Default Re: HJ membership pin

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    The Collectors Guild has one just like it and Pete knows his stuff. I looked through all the list of makers and dont find it either but as Bob says available information can still be incomplete.
    I would like to hear more opinions on this.
    Eric
    Bill Shea had offered others at Ruptured Duck some times ago, including a painted version. Here there is other with a little different hook from a picture I collect on net some times ago:

HJ membership pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ membership pin
    P
    Many

Here is an interesting period advertisement for HJ, DJ, and BDM cloth items from "Otto Hoffman". The ad does not mention metal items but manufacturers did not always list everything they made in thier ads. It certainly opens the door to more discussion regarding Otto Hoffman member pins. One thing to note, all the odd colored badges accepted as fake by most seem to be marked Otto Hoffman on the reverse. I don't know badges well enough to comment on the pin shown at the start of the thread, but the manufacturer did make some youth cloth items as shown by the period ad. Credit to Jo for the scan of the advertisement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ membership pin  

IMO...stay away from Hoffman badges. The funky colored ones are supposed to be Hoffman as well. Just my opinion here.

some of the comments here are interesting, they are outright and EASY to spot reproductions thats been going since the 1960'S, they dont patina the same as original metals, they dont have an even stippling pattern below the red enamel, the stippling bubbles are nothing like originals etc etc..

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    Here is an interesting period advertisement for HJ, DJ, and BDM cloth items from "Otto Hoffman".
    This period Hoffmann advertisement was shown on the HJ forum, www.hj-research.com/forum/forum.php some time ago. There are some very useful discussions on the Otto Hoffmann badges over there for those interested and they have shown that there is still no evidence to show that the Hoffmann HJ membership badges are authentic TR pieces.

Quote by Norku32 View Post
    This period Hoffmann advertisement was shown on the HJ forum, www.hj-research.com/forum/forum.php some time ago. There are some very useful discussions on the Otto Hoffmann badges over there for those interested and they have shown that there is still no evidence to show that the Hoffmann HJ membership badges are authentic TR pieces.
    Yes, as credited to Jo Rivett for showing the advertisement in my post. Here is a lengthy discussion regarding "Otto Hoffman" on that forum for those interested.

our old friend, Otto Hoffman . - Hitler Youth Forum

Default hj member

can somebody tell me this one is real or fake and whats the price is for hj member pin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ membership pin   HJ membership pin  

HJ membership pin  

?

Default My Otto Hoffman HJ pin

I was informed on another forum that this is an outright fake. It is the "funky color" variety mentioned above. Someone else pointed out the "coffin plate" attachment for the pin (meaning it's shape) was also a dead give away. Also that Hoffman never made metal insignia. Anyway...just thought you would all like to see it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ membership pin  

?

Sorry... I misspelled Hoffmann

Quote by Denred View Post
    I was informed on another forum that this is an outright fake. It is the "funky color" variety mentioned above. Someone else pointed out the "coffin plate" attachment for the pin (meaning it's shape) was also a dead give away. Also that Hoffman never made metal insignia. Anyway...just thought you would all like to see it.
    Welcome to the Forum. The information you received is totally correct.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast