Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?

Article about: this appears to be some form of HJ pin / tinnie. it is non metallic (appears to be ceramic or more likely bakelite) sig rune and (iv'e no idea what the heck the script below the rune is) it

Default hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?

this appears to be some form of HJ pin / tinnie.

it is non metallic (appears to be ceramic or more likely bakelite)
    sig rune and (iv'e no idea what the heck the script below the rune is)

it has a hole that goes completely through the pin near the top (attachment point for stickpin??)

measurements
    34mm high
    21mm wide

has anyone else seen one of these, and can elaborate on what it is, or how it would have been worn.

this one is odd enough that i'm pretty sure it's a period piece.

hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?

as always thanks for the help!
    -sean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?
    P
    Many

Default Re: hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?

this is an whw (winterhilfswerk) tinnie, but made as chrismas decoration and was made for every singel rune and not relatet to the hj or dj
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?  

?

I think this is also hj/dj related this rune is part of a set of nine molded plastic pieces
    in this set are a knife drum fanfare trumpet, and bits of kit. These can be seen in
    J R Angolia the hj vol 2
    Regards
    Mametz

Quote by mametz View Post
    I think this is also hj/dj related this rune is part of a set of nine molded plastic pieces
    in this set are a knife drum fanfare trumpet, and bits of kit. These can be seen in
    J R Angolia the hj vol 2
    Regards
    Mametz
    in the winterhilfswerk catalog (a friend of me has a copy from 1942) are they discribed as chrismas tree decoration, what you mean is just a put together of whw things to say it is related to the hj dj but this rune looks just like the dj one but was for shure made as decoration at chrismas, original this must be a set of 14 different runes like the 4 i showd in the picture

These were WHW-/DJH (Deutsches Jugendherbergwerk/German Youth Hostel Works) donation badges, which were distributed on the 8/9.6.40. There were six badges in the series, and they were made of both plastic and glass (T021.1/.2-T26.1/.2), .1 being for the glass and .2 for the plastic versions. Yours is number six, Sieg (Victory).

Quote by mametz View Post
    J R Angolia the hj vol 2
    Regards
    Mametz
    The six piece Germanic rune collection was seperate to the eight piece HJ/DJ collection. This was called HJ und DJ Ausrüstung (HJ and DJ Equipment). These were distributed on the 10/11.5.41 (T027.2-034.2), pictured below. Unfortunately the bugle is reversed, you can't see the black sigrune on the flag, I shall replace this photo later. Some still have the original string attached!

hj pin / tinnie ? anyone have any ideas?