Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Sports Pin, 1938

Article about: Hello folks. Don't know much about this one, other than it being a sports festival pin. It has the 'tinnie-style' pin and attachment point on the back, or at least what's left of it. Most of

Default HJ Sports Pin, 1938

Hello folks.

Don't know much about this one, other than it being a sports festival pin. It has the 'tinnie-style' pin and attachment point on the back, or at least what's left of it. Most of it appears to have been broken off at some point. It doesn't affect the aesthetic at all, and it's not something that overly bothers me. I have other tinnies with the pins broken or missing, as well as a few that have succumbed to zinc pest, so it fits the overall 'rough' look of the assembled collection.
    The badge itself is virtually mint. My only concern is the detail on the eagle, which seems a bit soft compared to other badges of this type.
    A nice little pin. Displays well with the rest of my day badges.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Sports Pin, 1938   HJ Sports Pin, 1938  

HJ Sports Pin, 1938  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Sports Pin, 1938
    P
    Many

You will have to collect the full series of these badges now BB

Nice little HJ Reichssportwettkampf 1938 badge

Quote by Saladin View Post
    You will have to collect the full series of these badges now BB

Nice little HJ Reichssportwettkampf 1938 badge
    More items on my never-ending list of things to buy!

B.B.

While humble in appearance, this is actually more of an award than a mere tinnie.

As said above, this badge was for participants in the Hitler Youth's 1938 Reichssportwettkampf [National Sports Competition]. It was awarded on a points basis for above-average results in the three branches of youth sports, came with a certificate and could be worn for one year.

These badges were awarded annually from 1934 to 1943, with this specific design used from 1936 to 1938 (bearing the respective year, obviously).

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    While humble in appearance, this is actually more of an award than a mere tinnie.

As said above, this badge was for participants in the Hitler Youth's 1938 Reichssportwettkampf [National Sports Competition]. It was awarded on a points basis for above-average results in the three branches of youth sports, came with a certificate and could be worn for one year.

These badges were awarded annually from 1934 to 1943, with this specific design used from 1936 to 1938 (bearing the respective year, obviously).
    Thanks to this forum and the people who inhabit it, I learn something new every day.

B.B.