Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HJ sweater?

Article about: Bought this together with a lot more stuff. Seller told met it belonged to HJ. I have never seen it before... Let me know what you think

?

Default HJ sweater?

Bought this together with a lot more stuff. Seller told met it belonged to HJ. I have never seen it before...
    Let me know what you thinkHJ sweater?HJ sweater?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ sweater?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Thread moved to the right forum
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Info culled from the Hitler Youth Forum:

In the very early 1930s the DJ wore a Bluse which itself had been copied from an item called a "Jungenschaftsjacke" that had been in use in pre-HJ/DJ youth movements. The jacket you show is different to the official DJ item as shown in period photos, publications from 1933 and RZM regulations from 1936. The fact that yours has no breast pockets means that it could be one of these early pre-DJ shirts because the official DJ version had them whereas the Jungenschaftsjacke did not. The use of metal buttons instead of black could be a further indication that this shirt could be an example of the pre-DJ Jungenschaftsjacke that was modified for use by a DJ member in the very early 1930s. In short, although not a match for the official item I would not discount out of hand the idea that it was worn in the period.

?

Thank you very much for the detailed info Tinnieman. I hope somebody is interested in this item? Sent me a private message if so!