Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??

Article about: I've never seen anything like this, a Hitler Youth folded shirt, obviously unissued. The gentleman I'm looking to purchase this from says it still has the pins in it, holding the folds in pl

Default Re: HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??

I personally do not like the form of the RZM tag. I am attaching pictures of a genuine tag from a BDM blouse. This form of tag was used on brown under the tunic forms of shirts. Note the paper loop attaching the tag to the shirt. The tag is unlike anything I have ever seen before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??   HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??
    P
    Many

?

Hey Bob,

I wonder...could there have been differently styled tags? I'm wondering if the tag on this shirt used to have the same paper loop, but broke and someone cut the button slit you see here?

Has anyone else seen the same tag style that's on my shirt?

John, you mentioned a bunch of these were found some time back...have you ever seen one of them; can you vouch for the tag?

The main purpose of the Reichszugmeisterei(RZM)was to insure conformity in materials and design. This would of course include the RZM tag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That is indeed an exciting find with a very modest price. In my very humble opinion I think the shirt and tag are good. It either fell off and was put on the slit or the manufacturer did it different. I've been very suprised over the years to see some "non-comformity" in the RZM process. There's not a large amount, but just enought that I think it muddies the water.

Jay

?

I agree with Bob regarding the reasoning behind the RZM, but I've done some research online, at some very respectable sites, and found other unissued shirts with different tags so apparently they did a poor job of enforcing the RZM uniformity within the tags at least.

I'll be getting the shirt in a couple weeks and will post better photos for everyone. I'm very hopeful this is authentic.

Go for it.. you really like it and if you feel positive vibes towards this shirt ( - and one can feel the entuisasm in your words..).
    Nothing is shittier than the later thought "it was an unique chance, why didnt i take it then???"

Its all about being happy, man !!

[QUOTE=dzyner;124692]I agree with Bob regarding the reasoning behind the RZM, but I've done some research online, at some very respectable sites, and found other unissued shirts with different tags so apparently they did a poor job of enforcing the RZM uniformity within the tags at least. [QUOTE]

hi dzyner i agree, and like the shirt i would buy it at that price! look below on one from a uk dealer it is £225 looks good but a bit expensive imo.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??   HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??  

HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??   HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??  

?

Thanks Ewan,

I got the shirt the other say and will photograph (better photos than originally posted) and post here this afternoon. I'd like everyone's feedback again after I post the better shots.

Thanks again!
    Dzyner

?

Now that I have the shirt in-hand, I shot some more photos; different angles, one of the pins holding the shirt together (folded), and one of the shirt's topmost buttons (white).

Everything looks good to me in terms of the stitching, creases, pocket style, etc. Let me know if any of you see anything that looks off based on these new photos.

HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??   HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??  

HJ Unissued Shirt, Still Folded...Is it the Real Deal??  

its very nice, its the same shirt used by the portuguese youth, since we had a dictatorial regime, and after the revolution, clothes and all kinds of materials linked to this type of thing were banned and destroyed, so i doubt stuff like this would surface again, however portuguese youth medals have been showing up, so there is still hope.
    best regards
    nuno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast