Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this legit?

Article about: I bought 2 badges from the same dealer at a show this past weekend, and someone thought the other badge might not authentic, so I thought I'd ask about this piece just to be sure. Thank you

Default Is this legit?

I bought 2 badges from the same dealer at a show this past weekend, and someone thought the other badge might not authentic, so I thought I'd ask about this piece just to be sure. Thank you for any help. If you zoom in, you can see the back alot better, sorry about the bad pictures, I can't zoom in much more with my camera.

Is this legit?

Is this legit?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this legit?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this legit?

Any one? 109 looks, no thoughts? Maker marked M1125. I'm just wondering if the dealer I got it from sold me 2 fakes, or just the 1. I want to sell it and buy medals instead, but only if it's real. Thanks for any help

A genuine HJ badge. No obvious red flags. What else did you buy from this dealer? Any photos?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Awesome, thank you very much

Hi Paul, I like it also. It would fool me if it was a bad one The stippling looks excellent!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Green, it is a neat little badge. I keep waffling about selling this and the party badge. I have some ideas for some Russian and German medals, and keep thinking about selling these to finance them, but can't decide for sure yet lol

Paul

Keep it all if possible. I do understand the finance portion though. I have passed on a few things to finance my badge addiction. Personally, I keep everything and save for the next, getting rid of things is usually not an option. Several things were purchased at a great price and some were given to me so a profit would be easy but I can't seem to let anything go. Sooner or later I will get back to my budding EK collection and wouldn't dream of letting a badge go. Right now I fancy an SA dagger but am fearful in buying one, I know so little about them and my best shot at a good price is at a show. As you know, at militaria shows, resources are limited and you may not have time to get opinions for the forum.

Gotta do what you gotta do, though.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Very true, Green. I found out the hard way that the replacement costs aren't always an easy thing to deal with. Enfield rifles and M1 rifles are the way I learned that you can't always replace things as easy as the first time. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best