Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leistungsabzeichens In silber authentic?

Article about: Before I buy either of these 2 awards I wanted to get your opinions. They look good to me but I'm still new to this 1. (Slightly more than expensive, why?) 2.

Default Leistungsabzeichens In silber authentic?

Before I buy either of these 2 awards I wanted to get your opinions.

They look good to me but I'm still new to this

1. (Slightly more than expensive, why?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leistungsabzeichens In silber authentic?
    P
    Many

Hi, there has been big controversy with these recently. Some marked with a S on the back, and the varying construction. I think that everyone was afraid of those marked with this S. The two examples you have posted do not have this so... ok there. The construction has been the other issue, as some have two part construction, others being one piece. Looking at the side will let you know if there is a seam, if there is, this has been being discussed, but I am not sure that any definite answers have been uncovered. So, most seem to agree, no S, and solid, one piece construction, [not cast], is the way to go to be safe. My guess is #1 looks just a bit better condition. And as far as pin, catch type, they both look fine. Hope this helps.
    [

Thanks very much
    Unfortunately there are no side pictures on the site

There's this one of 1.

Hi, IMO, either one of these look good. #1 being just a bit nicer, crisper, if you will. Always somewhat of a gamble, buying without being able to inspect. Wait for a few more opinions, but, they both seem just fine.

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Looking at the side will let you know if there is a seam,
    Not so much a seam persay, but the shape of the side. (Although the existence of a seam would kill it for me). If you have a look at post #2 in this thread you will see what I am talking about. This shape is due to the construction methods used.
    Leistungsabzeichen der HJ Silver M1/101
    If the sides are vertical, I would wait for another example. I would suggest you ask for one angled photo of each.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The first one has a low issue number, that is the only reason why I can think of that it would be slightly more expensive.
    Both maker's marks look okay to me. I believe at this point that both are okay.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)