Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin

Article about: I thought you all might be interested in these other Items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin. Pay particular attention to what he said in the letter, rememberer this is a 17 year old Ameri

Default More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin

I thought you all might be interested in these other Items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin.

Pay particular attention to what he said in the letter, rememberer this is a 17 year old American Boy Scout.

More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to BerlinMore Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Default Re: More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin

Nice family memorabilia but not much more from what I can see. Do you happen to have any photos to accompany his pre-war visit.

Cheers Jan

?

Great artefacts and in wonderful condition.

The letter is an incredible insight into the thoughts of an innocent bystander in that place at that time. Simply fantastic.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I like the map, would like nice displayed with the cap and pin :-)

Some brilliant items there i really like the map, i agree with your dad about the beer!....

Great stuff Russ,when you read the postcard how much of a poignant meaning it truely has,the most modern city and how the uniform means so much and the scouts dissolved into the youth movement,and if only they knew what the next 8 years would prevail....Thanks for showing such amazing family history......Jake.

Thanks to ross (along with the cap) I added the berlin map, hj book and souvenier berlin postcards to my HJ display, it was very interesting looking at a tour guide map of berlin before it was turned to rubble, I wonder how many of these maps still exist today, and the HJ book is very eerie to read knowing what eventually happened, it all sounded like peaches and creme in 1937.
    More Pictures of items from my fathers 1937 trip to Berlin

Quote by Jan View Post
    Nice family memorabilia but not much more from what I can see.
    Are you serious? This is a rare and wonderful glimpse of history, what an amazing time to have visited Berlin! The 'golden years' before the decline and ruin I would have thought.