Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My New HJ Armband

Article about: I bought this off of an impulse and I couldn't pass it up for the price, since I believe that it is original. What do you guys think? This is my first HJ piece in my collection. Sadly its no

Default My New HJ Armband

I bought this off of an impulse and I couldn't pass it up for the price, since I believe that it is original. What do you guys think? This is my first HJ piece in my collection. Sadly its not mint and there is no RZM tag, but I think it adds character.
    -Ben

My New HJ Armband
    My New HJ Armband
    My New HJ Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New HJ Armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: My New HJ Armband

Definitely a period original HJ armband. Many years ago, I got one of these from my mother's cousin who brought it home after the war. I still have it. It was the begining of the madness!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Very nice! I esp love the woven construction as opposed to printed examples.

Thanks guys I was addicted to American collecting now Im hooked on both somehow Ive been finding deals recently on German Items!!!
    I also have a stupid question how would you get folds out of the armband would you leave it as is or put it in a book? I dont think I would put an iron near this !!!

Great looking armband, I to like it much better then the printed ones. To get folds out I always do the heavy book method.

Regards, Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Great looking armband, I to like it much better then the printed ones. To get folds out I always do the heavy book method.

Regards, Corey
    The printed HJ armbands have always been a questionable item. Personally, I have never encountered one with a veteran bring back provenance. It is possible that they wee used in some of the occupied countries. It is known that Baldur Von Schirach ordered that printed armbands were not allowed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

These must be in season. I just picked this one up for a silly cheap price. Not a fan of the printed armbands either. According to a 1936 regulation it was forbidden to print the swastika on an armband. I have always wondered was this a reaction to the wearing of printed armbands or to prevent the introduction of them in the first place?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New HJ Armband   My New HJ Armband