Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New collector

Article about: Thanks very much Leon ! One item I've wanted for a very long time is the 1st extra edition of the Dec 7, 1941, Honolulu star bulletin. Odds of finding one are rare! At this point ill have to

Default New collector

Hi there guys!
    I'm a new collector and I'm in need of some help.
    Can anyone suggest some trustworthy dealers of milataria?
    And is there much out there when it comes to hitler or Eva Braun?

Kind regards

Susan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector
    P
    Many

?

Stay away from
    Snyder's Treasure Trove: Collectible Militaria

Reputable sites:
    Military Antiques Stockholm (sometimes expensive, but you get what you pay for)
    Stewart's Military Antiques and Collectible Militaria and 19th Century Photography
    (there are more, allow other members to recommend some)

To my knowledge, there are not many things for sale of Hitler's or Eva's, as most people hold on to something that rare when they buy them.

Yes definitely stay away from Snyder. I'm pretty sure there are just about 0 real Eva von Braun pieces and although Hitler and Göring pieces do show up, they are pretty rare. Also steer clear of Craig Gottlieb as well.

I did have a look at synders but after researching him I have steered clear of him!
    Usually if its too good to be true, it generally is lol.
    Thank you for your help and fast replies

?

Any time! I was and still slightly am in your position

Don't let this thread turn into an undergarment expo as usual when it involves Hitler
    and Eva Braun. I will shut this thread down... If it goes in that direction. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bill Shea of the Ruptured Duck is a very honest dealer . I would also recommend the Collector's Guild. Both are top dollar but you apy for the peace of mind of their expertise. This is not to say that any trustworty dealer can not make a mistake in the present market of fakes of everything. It is best to specialize so you can also trust your own knowledge. Both dealers I mentioned will back up whatever they sell. Welcome to the Forum! There is a vast amount of knowledge here so you can feel secure in vetting anything here.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Don't let this thread turn into an undergarment expo as usual when it involves Hitler
    and Eva Braun. I will shut this thread down... If it goes in that direction. Regards Larry
    Bravo. Such fine proof of the good hygiene and sanity that reigns here versus elsewhere, where this kind of query goes straight to hell.

There is no Rosetta stone here, no silver bullet, no oracle, no magic box that eradicates all the contradictions, challenges, hurdles, and pitfalls in our interest.

The new collector has to put in the hard work to learn for him or herself and avoid falling prey to all the shysters and Hochstapler on the loose.

The collector who becomes also ensnared in personality items is also headed for a big disappointment; that is, the chance for disaster goes up sharply if an item has some big name connected to it, i.e. a Nazi big wig.

I am very happy with Otto Normalverbraucher Nazi items, that is, things that are even anonymous.

A healthy dose of skepticism is the best guide in all of this, but not paranoia, cynicism, and the class war vibe that are the norm on many sites, and which are filled with blow hard on line experts, whose major task it is to bamboozle

the beginning collector.

And, invest in some good books, which we have listed in detail in our posts; that is, do the 20th century old thing of a shelf of sound books in a linear fashion versus the splintered knowledge had on many sites, to include this one.

Sorry larry I'm not too sure what you mean by that because I'm new on here.

Thanks again guys!
    You've been very helpful!

Hello Susan and welcome to the forum!
    All I can say is for you to read lots and learn. This forum is a good place to start.
    That is the only way to protect yourself. You do not have to learn everything right away but you will come to know who to trust and listen to, and who to ignore. Also, you have the option of posting any prospective purchases here, and there are many members who are more than willing to help with their expertise.
    Anything that is related to Hitler and Eva likely will be uncommon or expensive.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast