Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian eagle desgin ?

Article about: hello folks, does anyone know what this insignias for? hj design like this the eagle is holding the hammer and not a blitz's like this does, the detail i must say looks fantastic its also un

Default Prussian eagle desgin ?

hello folks, does anyone know what this insignias for? hj design like this the eagle is holding the hammer and not a blitz's like this does, the detail i must say looks fantastic its also unmarked!

a friend feels its not hj because it dont hold the hammer and he could be right? i feel its hj as it has the swas as this was the only item that the hj added to the Prussian eagle.

have seen thse blitz before but cant remember what they are for?

seen insignia before with the bolts to do with signals or radio operator but that dont tie in with the hj

any help/opinion guys?

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian eagle desgin ?   Prussian eagle desgin ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian eagle desgin ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prussian eagle desgin ?

Post 1933 Prussian emblem and also used by the police I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Post 1933 Prussian emblem and also used by the police I think.
    Here's a pic

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian eagle desgin ?  

thanks for the info guys! i thought the prussian eagle held the hammer for the standard design, but that must be the hj design of it,this means it could well be anything i suppose, for any branch, thanks jerry i will look up the police and see if it belongs to that!

thnks lads, what you think it could be? i think a cap badge.

cheers

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Post 1933 Prussian emblem and also used by the police.
    Correct ! often seen on early buckles.....
    Prost ! Steve.

The eagle with post 1 is for forestry and described in the uniform-regulation
    "Dienstkleidungsvorschrift für die Preussischen Staatsforstbeamten", dated January
    30, 1934. It was also noted in the "Ministerialblatt des Preuss. Landwirtchaftsministeriums
    und der Landesforstverwaltung", Nr. 6 from February 10, 1934. Page 73.

In section V, page 5 of the uniform regulations it was as:
    The size 55 mm wide and 28 mm high was worn with the hat (Hut); the one having a width
    of 40 mm and a height of 22 mm was for the visored cap(Schirmmütze) and visored field
    cap (Baschlikmütze). All versions were gilded brass.

the above i.d is courtesy of Wilhelm Saris on hj forum!

thanks again to him for taking the time!

Thanks Ewan Stirling, you took over my post from the HJ-forum. Saves me some time.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Thanks Ewan Stirling, you took over my post from the HJ-forum. Saves me some time.
    Wilhelm, no problem and this is why i did so as i know your busy!

the help you continue to give the community is second to none and i thank you again for all the period regulations etc you have typed up to the WWW and of course for the HJ info and books!