Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

QUESTION! Velvet youth armband

Article about: by totenkopfDean do any of you have an example of the 26 grenadier ss hungarian div. armband. No, simply because there is no such thing. Please note that I only pointed out that the stamp sh

Default Re: QUESTION! Velvet youth armband

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    do any of you have an example of the 26 grenadier ss hungarian div. armband.
    No, simply because there is no such thing.

Please note that I only pointed out that the stamp shows that formation's divisional shield (whose period existence is not even proven, by the way).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTION! Velvet youth armband
    P
    Many

can you say "fantasy item"....

You know when members like Ade and HPL2008 and stickgrenade think that an item is a fake I would probably bet the farm on their opinion. I am sure any of us who have collected for any length of time have bought some kind of fake or misrepresentation it's part of the game.All of us on this forum are extremely lucky to have the depth of knowledge at our fingertips to use free,we get appraisals,information,expert advise that would cost a lot of money if we went outside the forum to get answers.If it is a fake so be it,go on to the next thing with the knowledge of hundreds of experts on the subject.This forum is sort of like the Oracle of Delphi,ask and it will be answered.

no amount of "blessing from other collectors will make this cow's ear into a silk purse"

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    You know when members like Ade and HPL2008 and stickgrenade think that an item is a fake I would probably bet the farm on their opinion. I am sure any of us who have collected for any length of time have bought some kind of fake or misrepresentation it's part of the game.All of us on this forum are extremely lucky to have the depth of knowledge at our fingertips to use free,we get appraisals,information,expert advise that would cost a lot of money if we went outside the forum to get answers.If it is a fake so be it,go on to the next thing with the knowledge of hundreds of experts on the subject.This forum is sort of like the Oracle of Delphi,ask and it will be answered.
    I know and I do appreciate the wealth of knowledge but I guess i found something so rare that nobody has an example. i just wanted to make sure I had all opinions i could get. Not everyone on this site is always 100 %. Ive found this out a few times.I think we are all looking for the Holy Grail of TR stuff, I'm just another fool born every minute! But dont hate me because I'm a novice, hate me cause I'm beautiful! LOL. Anyway thanks for all the feedback from everyone minus the snarky comments of some.

Nobody hates anybody and you are certainly not a fool

I agree that this item does not look like a period made piece from the photos shown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2