Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.

Article about: Hi Just got this HJ/DJ shirt. It's a very small size so I think maybe is DJ (suggestions on this matter are most welcome, thanks). Once the original shoulder starps have been ripped I intend

JMM
    ?

Default Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.

Hi
    Just got this HJ/DJ shirt. It's a very small size so I think maybe is DJ (suggestions on this matter are most welcome, thanks). Once the original shoulder starps have been ripped I intend to buy ones.
    I'd like your opinions on what SB should I buy and where (once they are very small in lenth I don't know if it'll be easy). Please do feel free to correct me on my analisys of the shirt. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.   Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.  

Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.   Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.
    P
    Many

JMM
    ?

Default Re: Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.

Sorry for insisting...
    Thanks

Whatever you deecide on, you will also require a matching district triangle to match the unit number. This is not an easy feat to accomplish.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It appears from the photos that the "sew in" HJ straps were on the shirt at one time. Normally if the "slip on" type were used there would be fabric loops near the seam of the sleeve. Bob is correct it is not easy to match the triangle and straps. Many HJ uniforms I see for sale have mismatched insignia, a sure sign of postwar modification. These straps are an example of the "sew in" type post 1938 straps from my collection. The buttons should be a pebbled button with a number that represents the HJ Gefolgschaft of the Bann also.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder boards for HJ shirt. Opinions please.  

JMM
    ?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    It appears from the photos that the "sew in" HJ straps were on the shirt at one time. Normally if the "slip on" type were used there would be fabric loops near the seam of the sleeve. Bob is correct it is not easy to match the triangle and straps. Many HJ uniforms I see for sale have mismatched insignia, a sure sign of postwar modification. These straps are an example of the "sew in" type post 1938 straps from my collection. The buttons should be a pebbled button with a number that represents the HJ Gefolgschaft of the Bann also.
    Hi There
    Thank you very much for your text. It looks like I have a hard task ahead. You are correct about the straps - they were at a time sewed and then removed
    I'll try to see if I can find any numbers on the black buttons and fabric loops near the seam of the sleeve.
    In spite of beeing a small size it is a HJ and not DJ shirt, correct? Finding small straps (7cm) won't be easy task either, I guess...
    Thanks for the pics

Given the small size (50/55 cm chest and 30cm arm length) I would say that this was probably a DJ shirt. If you do the conversion to inches, you would see that the chest circumference would measure somewhere between 19 - 22 inches while the sleeve would only be about 12 inches long....last time I saw a boy this size he was about 3-4 years old!