Become our sponsor and display your banner here

West Kurhessen Triangle

Article about: I keep on trying to complete my HJ uniform. Here's my new addition - a West Kurhessen shirt Triangle

JMM
    ?

Default West Kurhessen Triangle

I keep on trying to complete my HJ uniform.
    Here's my new addition - a West Kurhessen shirt Triangle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	657136 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	657137

Name:	ab3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	657138 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	657139

Name:	ab5.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	657140

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A good but heavily used example.

JMM
    ?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    A good but heavily used example.
    Yeap - it sure has been there. What Schulterklappen should I look for to match this triangle?
    Thank you, Darin.

The matching H.J. Bann and D.J. Jungbann number straps would depend upon the time era you wish to represent as new Banns were added over time. From 1934 to 1936: 274, 226, 224, 167, 83. From 1936 to 1942:226, 83, 167, 274, 289, 393, 192, 224. After 1942 the aforementioned plus: 760, 761, 762, and 763. The most often seen number that matches this triangle is the single D.J. from Jungbann 83 Kassel. There are a number of them for sale at the moment on dealer sites that I am aware of. The H.J. straps will prove more difficult to find, but can still be found if patient and diligent in your search. Here is a fantastic set of Motor H.J. for an Obergefolgschaftsfuhrer from my collection. Notice how the litzen is sewn on before the pink piping. This set also has internal stiffeners in them to make them more like "boards" rather than straps. Definitely manufactured for this specific rank and not "dolled" up later to enhance value. I was lucky enough to obtain these years ago from member "Kurt Meyer" after he bought them from Toby Rowan.

Bann number information comes from Garry M and is posted in the member content section of the H.J. Research Forum and includes Bann names there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor83.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	657882  

A quick search has found this very worn set for Bann Kassel at Emig for the bargain price of 45 Euros. They match the wear of the triangle very well, I think they would look great displayed together!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paar-Schulterklappen-Allgemeine-HJ-Bann-83-Kassel-West-Kurhessen-.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	657883  

JMM
    ?

Hi Darin

You're a true encyclopedia! Thanks a lot for your explanation and help
    While looking for Kurhessen on Google I came across this 83 Bann and 846 (single). You're so right - appart from having a great price this 83 so worn set matches well with my also worn triangle. I guess I'll go for it!
    Thank you once again for your help.