Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What have go got here?

Article about: Is this junk, as in fake? Even if it's real it's pretty rough... pics don't look like any of the armbands I've searched here. Not that interested, but trying to learn something. Asking price

Default re: What have go got here?

Someone said if was fake, I told the seller it was fake. Soo... I did use the info here to make the call since I know nothing about armbands, especially this one. And then a day or two later, it's not only real, but it's rare.

For you to chime in with some personal attacks, saying that "only on occasions you say thanks, instead you criticism the responses", is bunk.

If you want to go there, with personal attacks, please try to stay factual?

Do you want me to provide a list of thread where I was thankful to anyone who would provide info, in advance, as well as extremely appreciative of any info that I did get?

I don't mind debating anyone, on any subject... but sticking to facts really helps.

I'm more than able to handle any criticism, and will hopefully learn from it. But if you want to smear someone's character, please back it up with something. I don't fell like wasting everyones's time by providing a long list of posts where I was both appreciative as well as very courteous but I really should just to set this straight.

Not only that, but can you provide one thread, or one sentence in any thread where I've gone out of my way to make a personal attack against another member here?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What have go got here?
    P
    Many

Quote by Doppelgänger View Post
    Someone said if was fake, I told the seller it was fake. Soo... I did use the info here to make the call since I know nothing about armbands, especially this one. And then a day or two later, it's not only real, but it's rare.
    You have to understand that not everyone is on this forum all day, every day. Some people with opinions and knowledge on the subject may log on every few days and that is the reason that there are differing opinions that have happened over the course of a few days. Its not a personal attack, just an observation. If you are purchasing an item purely based on the information provided by users, it would be prudent to wait a few days so anyone that has an opinion can comment, for you to then analyse the information and make an appropriate decision. Just a bit of advice.

I didn't purchase it. Someone said it was fake, and I took their word for it.

The next person that posted quoted a couple people including the one that said it was fake, but underneath there was a thumbs down, which I don't know that it meant they were disagreeing with the post that said it was fake, or adding a thumbs down.

The only part of this I feel sorry about was telling some lady who claimed it was in her Granfather's belongings that it was a fake, and it really hurt her feelings.

I suppose I could prolong the agony here by contacting her, apologizing... and maybe buying it. And then only later have someone else say it's a fake...

At this point I want to thank everyone who provided useful information, and my apologies for wasting anyone's time. I made clear at first that the item in question wasn't something I desperately needed for my collection, and if anything, I was merely trying to learn something.

And I think I did, not necessarily about the armband, but more about camaraderie among collectors here... and your post has made me regret posting to ask about the armband, and has given me mixed feelings about trying to learn about areas I know nothing about, cloth, uniforms.... I'm very comfortable with the things I know about and have collected for decades, WWII firearms and some field gear, and hopefully I always will learn more about that subject because that's probably all I'll ever buy. I've picked up a couple thousand $$$ of this stuff in the last couple weeks without needing to ask a single question here (and I've saved anyone the trouble of posting about it - sharing it here - because the last time I did it turned into yet another bummer), but how many of the same types of items can you have in your collection before you want to diversify a little bit?

I have learned a tremendous amount from the forum here in the last few months, and at the same time, at this moment I feel like I don't want to be here. This was actually the only thing I've asked about here in a long time, and the way it turned just tells me to try to stay away from this forum. Even though I want to be here and participate... and of course ask for advice from seasoned collectors when need be.
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 06-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.

I can only apologise if my words have had that effect. I was just making an observation and suggestion, followed by an explanation.

?

Hi Doppelganger! I can not help but think you are blowing this out of proportion just a tad. I do not know if you read the same posts as the rest but the majority said it was a good piece. You did not have to tell the seller it was fake you could have just said no thanks. No one on here would want you to feel unwelcome on the forum but be reasonable. Cheers! Sean.

All it takes is for one person to say it is a fake, and up to then all I'd read was people saying they didn't know and weren't familiar. And then I read fake, and I decided that it probably was. And I informed the seller as to why I lost interest.

And you're right, the rest is all way blown way out of proportion.

Do your own research if you are not satisfied with this forum, I mean, wow!! Also, know who's commenting, just because someone says its fake doesn't mean it is. Your crying over the fact someone made a mistake and told you this is fake, yet if you did your own research you'd know it wasn't. You have nobody to blame but yourself. Honestly, this is pitiful, of course that's IMO.

Oh, and I'm sure the "poor old lady" will be just fine. :/

Doppelganger, apologies for your unpleasant experience here, but in future please wait for a few more replies before branding something good or bad.
    I myself tend to be impatient, but believe me you'll save yourself a lot of heartache.
    Stick around and learn from the guys that really know their stuff, you'll soon learn who they are.
    This is no way meant to be disrespectful to any member here.

Tom

Hi

Please keep it civil, those that have commented were only trying to help. We all make mistakes.

Always wait for more opinions on any items before saying yes or no to it, and as people have said already doing your own research is always a great way to learn about a particular subject.

Cameron

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Do your own research if you are not satisfied with this forum, I mean, wow!! Also, know who's commenting, just because someone says its fake doesn't mean it is. Your crying over the fact someone made a mistake and told you this is fake, yet if you did your own research you'd know it wasn't. You have nobody to blame but yourself. Honestly, this is pitiful, of course that's IMO.

Oh, and I'm sure the "poor old lady" will be just fine. :/

What have go got here?

Can a mod close this, please?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast