Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

White BDM jacket?

Article about: Dear Gents, Just obtained these both together, but is the white kletterjacke BDM? Or an different organization because it has double row's frontal buttons. Regards, Ron

?

Default White BDM jacket?

Dear Gents,

Just obtained these both together, but is the white kletterjacke BDM?
    Or an different organization because it has double row's frontal buttons.

Regards,
    Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White BDM jacket?   White BDM jacket?  

White BDM jacket?   White BDM jacket?  

White BDM jacket?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White BDM jacket?
    P
    Many

Default Re: White BDM jacket?

IMO it appears to be Jugendehrendienst possibly. If so a very rare jacket! Links to video footage and a photo of a rare sleeve insignia I used to have in my collection. Video footage is in Quicktime format.

Framepool - The Stock Footage Collection

Olympic Games / City Centre / Berlin / 1936 | Video Stock Footage | Framepool
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White BDM jacket?   White BDM jacket?  

White BDM jacket?  

JMM
    ?

wow! Great finding

?

Dear Frank,

Very interesting, it seems indeed the same jacket. So they did wear them only at the 1936 Olympics?

Regards
    Ron

nice find, double breasted for girls and boys use?

never ever seen one!

It is my understanding that these uniforms were used only during the Berlin games. The Jugendehrendienst was made up not only of H.J. and BDM members, but other youths as well, and members of other party affiliated organizations such as R.A.D. and Studentenbund members. They acted as volunteers, liaisons, and valets to the visiting athletes. They provided translation services, acted as tour guides, assisted the athletes during completions, etc.. The insignia shown is the only example I have seen before, and was purchased on Ebay listed in the incorrect category. I had no idea what it was initially when I had won the auction but suspected it was a rare insignia. It is sufficiently rare that many members here and several of the well known German dealers had no idea of what it is. Thanks to Rob Newbrough, Wim Saris, and Clyde Davis for their assistance I was finally able to know what it represented. Here are additional photos from Rob that show this uniform in wear. If ever wanting to move it on, I am sure there would be interest from certain advanced collectors. Congratulations on obtaining this rare uniform item.

?

Dear Frank,

Would like to thank you very much with the help and indentification on this tunic. It will be available in time as it does not fit into my collection.

Regards
    Ron