Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baldur von Schirach interview with David Frost 1968

Article about: Very interesting indeed. I had not seen that before. He was very like Speer..... Cheers, Ade.

Default Baldur von Schirach interview with David Frost 1968

Here is a 39 minute interview between the 2 men..where von Schirach speaks about Hilter. Baldur Von Schirach interview with David Frost - Video Dailymotion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baldur von Schirach interview with David Frost 1968
    P
    Many

What a fascinating interview! Thanks very much for posting this link Larry, I found the interview extremely interesting and found Von Shirach to be quite charming.

Amazing to hear how he admitted having power over the Youth!..and yes very mannered..and reserved..in emotion.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

A great interview... Also a look into the past that is fading every day..
    I can only hope that as collectors we can keep history relevant to modern day struggles
    and learn not to repeat as such....Gwar

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    What a fascinating interview! Thanks very much for posting this link Larry, I found the interview extremely interesting and found Von Shirach to be quite charming.
    Chilling more like. He comes across as a very intelligent man, which no doubt he was, his quoting of Tennyson and Lewis Caroll in perfect English being used as a way of getting Frost to empathise with him is very clever. But it should be remembered that he was responsible for the deportation of thousands of Jews in Vienna to the concentration camps of Poland.

He always claimed he thought that they were going to work camps, not death camps, and he was too busy in the running of things to notice the fact, and that was the crux of his defence at the Nuremberg trials. Yet in the interview with Frost he suggests that as humans, we are not naturally brave, and that upon hearing unpalatable information, we choose subconciously to ignore it.

So he thinks that knowing such information and wanting to disbelieve it is the same as not knowing at all. It is not, but it was enough to stop him from swinging from the end of a rope like all the others barring Speer and Hess. His eloquence and intelligence, much like like Speer's intelligence and expressed regret, was what saved them both from a ropes end. They should have both been hanged.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 03-23-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: It's 'empathise' not 'emphasise'....Doh!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

He certainly had me conned Ned.

His quote : "Its Not for us to reason why,,,but it is for us to obey and do"...was the most widely used phrase during the trials. Quite scary..following orders and knowing about it. Von Schirach was a cool cat throughout most of the interview..except towards the end..as he was fidgeting and had an uncomfortable look on his face. David Frost accomplished what he set out to do..through the questions that were asked.

HJ Leader Arthur Axmann post war interview was less favorable of Schirachs persona.

Interesting video. About half way through. I noticed he has some slightly odd expressions that I have heard from other Germans of his vintage before. The part where he says "the Germans were, are, a will be the great nation" kind of cought me off guard. I was half expecting him to stand up and scream sieg heil! I really weird guy to listen too.

?

Thanks for posting that Larry!

Semper Fi
    Phil

We see photos of these personalities in uniforms..and hear speeches by them..with translated sub titles....the masses that surround them...and what they have done during the time..is atrocious!!....BUT it is not all that available the opportunity to actually hear a one on one chat with one of these type minds...compared to TV related series and some documentaries.

Most of what we hear is only about 5 minutes of interviews..that pan away from the person ..and go to film footage. To me..there is no effect in horror in that time frame. Listening to this Guy in a straight on interview really opens up..ones mind of the type of mindset these people were. Von Schirach was still convinced of his duties...his calm demeanor is obvious.

I knew Charles Manson was a nutbag sicko..and never thought more of it..when David Frost also interviewed him during the 1980s. My impression of that was Manson was on a life long acid trip..and was quite frightful...saying "Some" things that seemed to make sense was the scary part..as was with Von Schirach....none of which were fit for modern day society and human life.

It would be encouraging that more of these 1 on 1 interviews come to surface..and be posted. We have seen the horror in photos and text...hearing the minds of those top Nazis who participated brings the uniform into a scary reality.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast